What's new

Robert Smith CooncatBob of Bob's Razor Works

Very sad news indeed. The notes here, and the many expressions of concern on another thread while Bob's condition was unknown, attest to the high regard in which he was held here. I'd like to add my voice to those offering condolences to his friends and family.

Never had the chance to purchase anything from him, I would like to send my condolences to the family as well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I sure do wish I would have purchased one of his fine handles/razors when I first joined B&B.

When I first took up wet shaving, I joined B&B and went about buying and trying any all all manner of shaving related goodies. One day I stumbled upon an American custom razor maker. The rest is history. Bob was a true gentleman to deal with, and his work was second to none. Gutted he's gone, the community has lost one of its own true greats.

Gone but not forgotten.

linty1

My wallet cries.
RIP Bob. I wasn't as fortunate to interact with him, but take comfort in the fact that we will all meet again some day. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

I had the good fortune to work with Bob a few times. He made the Psycho razor keys for me that have been bought by several of you guys here. The last buy I made from him was several Psycho razor keys and one lather-catcher handle, which was absolutely beautiful in my opinion. This handle had to have been one of the last ones Bob ever made as it was mailed about 5 days before his passing. Bob will be greatly missed here on B&B, he was always a gentleman in his dealings with me. Here are a couple of pages where I posted pictures of his most recent handiwork, you'll have to scroll down to my post. I think you'll have to agree that his work was nothing less than professional. RIP Cooncat Bob

Scroll down to the 4th post by me (cpool222) on this page http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...o-kick-of-the-new-subforum-SOTD-CONTEST/page4

Scroll down to the 1st post by me on this page http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/80472-Bob-s-Razor-Works-New-Items/page43

Last edited:
Condolences to the family. I admire his craftsmanship through what you gentlemen have posted though I never had the chance to own any of my own.

In only two months here I've come across mention and pictures of his wares numerous times. While it's disheartening that I may never own one of his pieces I know that each person that owns one will treasure it all the more and I hope his family and friends are aware of how much his craft was truly appreciated around the world.

I just read the sad news. Bob was a wonderful craftsman and a decent human being. He will be remembered and missed.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sad, sad loss. I was in the process of pulling the trigger to buy one of his crafted handles. My deepest condolences to the family for the loss of a person of integrity, honesty, and talent. Rarely do people like this come along.

very sad and we lost a great fellow member. i always love to look at all your handles... your craftmanship will ever endure the time!

Bob was a fine gentleman who was a pleasure to do business with. We will all miss him greatly . . . Rest peacefully, kind sir!

I am late to hear this news, and very shocked. I think everyone on this forum knew of Cooncat Bob and respected his work. It's just really sad that he is gone. RIP.

Top Bottom