What's new

RazoRock Titanium Baby Smooth Razor

I just noticed, the handle on the newest batch has a satin finish instead of polished. It looks much better, and matches the head now.

I snagged one on Weds drop. I have the aluminum BS and I liked it so much that I bought the wunderbar and I was blown away by its performance. So much so that I sent a $200+ razor back to its manufacturer, because it wasn't as nice as the wunderbar. That said I had to pull the trigger on the TI BS.. I'll most likely make my aluminum one my travel razor. I have come to the conclusion that Razorock is my go to company for my high end razors hands down.

I liked my RR razors. The only problem is the availability. If they can make their razors available and in stock for the most part, that would be awesome.

I picked up the original Baby Smooth when they were first released in March of 2015 and (another) of the more recent Aluminum and Titanium releases. I have been using both on and off for the past couple of weeks after a hiatus from the BS. I can't believe how good this razor is regardless of material. I personally think the shave is the same whether Aluminum or Titanium. I just have to adjust to whichever weight.

The extreme blade curvature locks the blade in place and provides such a smooth shave. I love Gillette Nacet Stainless and Super Iridiums with the BS. I don't use it for a week's growth but it wasn't built for that...anywhere up to 3 days of heavy growth.

I'll say it. I prefer this simple design over my Wolfman SB, Timeless .68 or Charcoal Level 2. Wonderful razors in their own right. Stainless and craftsmanship are great but it's all about the shave for me and the BS design is spot on.:001_smile

I picked up the original Baby Smooth when they were first released in March of 2015 and (another) of the more recent Aluminum and Titanium releases. I have been using both on and off for the past couple of weeks after a hiatus from the BS. I can't believe how good this razor is regardless of material. I personally think the shave is the same whether Aluminum or Titanium. I just have to adjust to whichever weight.

The extreme blade curvature locks the blade in place and provides such a smooth shave. I love Gillette Nacet Stainless and Super Iridiums with the BS. I don't use it for a week's growth but it wasn't built for that...anywhere up to 3 days of heavy growth.

I'll say it. I prefer this simple design over my Wolfman SB, Timeless .68 or Charcoal Level 2. Wonderful razors in their own right. Stainless and craftsmanship are great but it's all about the shave for me and the BS design is spot on.:001_smile
Good perspective. Maybe I'll go ahead and get the aluminum one when I'm done experimenting with the ones I have.

I have mine here, but it's pretty rough when screwing and unscrewing. Not sure if this is normal but if it is, no worries.

I have mine here, but it's pretty rough when screwing and unscrewing. Not sure if this is normal but if it is, no worries.

Try cleaning the handle threads with a Q-Tip. It made a huge difference with my Aluminum Baby Smooth.

Try cleaning the handle threads with a Q-Tip. It made a huge difference with my Aluminum Baby Smooth.

I did, but it's still pretty rough. Even added some drops of mineral oil to smoothen it out. My aluminum Baby Smooth didn't have this issue, but I guessing it's the Titanium.

I figured, it's much more difficult to machine, hence the high price tag of other Ti razors.

Mine was rough with screwing/unscewing at first, but after a week of owning it, it's gotten pretty smooth. I would say it's about as smooth as most of my other razors now.

Well I did buy one and have used it daily for roughly a week now. I must say this razor is one of my favorites from this initial break-in period. I do not have the Aluminum version to compare, but the Ti is an excellent shaver. I would highly recommend this razor to anyone. Mine also has rough threads, but I have not tried using any wax or oils to improve. I think I actually prefer the baby smooth over my Charcoal level 2 and about dead even with the Blackbird accept the Blackbird has the edge on aesthetics. In my option the shave feel is only second to my OC Wolfman, nevertheless the end shave results all result in a comfortable BBS. If you are on the fence, just buy one. You will love it.
Steve

A new batch of the TI came in on the 19th and I managed to snag one. Already listed as out of stock again. Listed as shipped the same day. I hope it will be here today as listed as "Out for Delivery" per USPS tracking.

I personally like Ti due to it's strength to weight ratio and inertness. Very unlikely to wear out the threads on a Ti 3 piece razor. I have made my own body jewelry from it as I am a hobbyist machinist. I use 6AL4V grade Ti.

Last edited:
Received mine last Friday, so it's been a week now. I've used it every day (which I usually rotate razors almost daily) and am really enjoying it. I also have the aluminum (now set aside for a young man who will be starting to shave) and like the titanium quite a bit better. Really nice weight and nearly impossible to get any sort of irritation or nicks. This one is a big win for me and has a permanent spot in the den.

My Ti Baby Smooth arrived today. The head looks like it was designed by the same person who designed the RazoRock Wunderbar. Similar covered blade end tabs and very similar lines overall. It also appears to have the same slightly oversize alignment pins so the blade has no to minimal movement when seated on the pins. Pretty much a necessity when the blade end tabs are fully covered on a design which uses the old alignment pins design. Need oversize alignment pins or alignment bars and/or blade corner alignment tabs as used by Gillette New series razors after 1930 and the Gillette Tech. Overall a sleek looking razor head. I will try it out tomorrow or Sunday.

Top Bottom