What's new

RazoRock Titanium Baby Smooth Razor

Ti in weight falls between Aluminum and steel. The Baby Smooth is 2.3oz, roughly the weight of the Merkur HD so I wouldn't call it light, definitely lighter than SS though.

Regarding Notification emails. They are sent in the order received. For example: if there are 500 people on the email notify list and we put 100 razors in stock, the first 100 people get an email. Person 101 then moves into first position. If after a number of hours, there are still razors left, notifications are again sent out and balanced with stock that is remaining in inventory. With the old system, if there were 500 people waiting and we put 24 razors in stock, all 500 emails would be sent and there would be mass panic trying to buy 24 razors, I believe the new system is better but still not optimal. Optimal would be balancing demand and supply perfectly but that is difficult because of investment and time constraints. Also, most people that sign up for notifications don't actually buy so it's not a true indication of demand. Hope that helps a bit.
What a fair way of doing it. Thanks

I own two Baby Smooths, one since it came out in 2015 and it does shave better than a $15 Super Speed.

So far I used it once. I like it a little bit better than Al version. For some reason Aluminum Baby just didn't work that well for me. I had bought it twice and both times I got rid of them. Ti worked better for me. Smoothness/mildness and skin feel are similar but it shaved more efficiently than Al version. I suppose it's because of the added weight, which is perfect at 65 g(identical to Gillette Red tip). Sand blasted Titanium looks very unique. Head weighs 21 g on my scale.

Ti Baby shaves very efficiently(not as well as Wunderbar) on my face. Wunderbar also does better job on my neck and on other challenging areas. The Ti Baby requires additional touch up pass on neck and other challenging areas. Overall, Wunderbar requires fewer strokes. But I still like the Ti Baby Smooth and I think it can be an excellent daily driver.

And yes, these both versions shave better than 40's and 50's Super Speed and Red tip. Similar smoothness but more efficient. Even the $25 Merkur 45C is a better shaver than Super Speed. Merkur 45C is identical to Baby Smooth razors(just very light since its made out of Bakelite).

Last edited:
It can't shave better than a $15 Super Speed.

Ti Baby Smooth is very nice. Even smoother than the aluminum.

I don't know why people post comments like this having never used the items mentioned. Just gets in the way of any threads purpose.

For whatever reason, the Baby Smooth does not work for me. Ironically, I find it quite irritating. I will be taking a pass on the Ti Baby Smooth and the soon to be released Mamba.

For whatever reason, the Baby Smooth does not work for me. Ironically, I find it quite irritating. I will be taking a pass on the Ti Baby Smooth and the soon to be released Mamba.

Aluminum Baby Smooth also didn't work for me. Nothing special. I prefer Merkur 45C to Al Baby Smooth. Ti Baby Smooth worked very well for me. I don't think it's tweaked or anything but for some reason Ti BBS is more efficient than Al BBS. Perhaps Joseph can chime in if he tweaked the Ti version. I don't think he did. I think increased weight added more grunt to it.

I will say that the shaves I get with 45C are comparable to shaves I get with Ti Baby Smooth. Ti BBS feels a little smoother on face. If someone misses out on the Ti BBS, I recommend getting the 45C because the geometry and performance are almost identical. Wunderbar and 45C are my absolute favorite and I can see Ti BBS joining that list. Too early to say it though.

I think the Merkur 45 is at least the equal to the Baby Smooth. In fact next to the Progress I think it's Merkurs best razor. One has to be really careful when assembling as it is brittle.

After just one shave with the Ti, I think it's an improvement on the Al, which I like but haven't loved. Maybe it's the additional weight, but the shave I got this morning was smooth, close and easy. Really a nice razor.

I have the original Baby Smooth, a re-issued Baby Smooth for the SWMBO, and just received the TI version today. I will get acquainted with the TI sometime next week as I have the MJ-90 on deck for a few shaves first. I will share comparison thoughts afterwards...

Never tried the original Baby Smooth, just finished the first shave with the Ti using a fresh PolSilver SI and am quite impressed, nice close comfortable shave with no irritation on my neck trouble spots

Minimal indeed. I'm sure you had fun shopping the bands. Reading up on the different Titanium grades last night was pretty cool. Sounds like a great material. Used for so many different parts. The aircraft article I read last night was neat.
For razors I'm sure any titanium is more than good enough. I used to race bicycles in the early 2000's and while most race bikes were aluminum or carbon fiber, a lot of us bought titanium frames for our personal bikes. Only a few companies tried pure ti with results that were not great. The bikes were too soft and had a flexing feel. The titanium alloys are excellent. Particularly 3al/2.5v (3% aluminum and 2.5 vanadium with the rest titanium). There was also some 6al/4v that was much harder to work with and could not be made seemless. Most were not as light as the aluminum or carbon bikes but had much better ride qualities, especially compared to aluminum. Titanium bikes feel similar to classic steel bikes, but are lighter. They also don't rust like steel, fatigue like aluminum, and won't break or crack like a carbon bike can. They are usually very expensive and are not as common as other materials.

RazoRock Baby Smooth works beautifully for me. I have two aluminum models and am on the e-mail alert list from the IB when the next production run of Ti models come out. It's the best razor I've used in decades of DE shaving.

Anyone got lucky and bought one from today's batch?

If so, you're in for a treat when it comes in a few days.

I've got one coming. The Al BBS was my favorite razor before I got the Wunderbar. It's still pretty close, definitely looking forward to trying the Ti model.

I've got one coming. The Al BBS was my favorite razor before I got the Wunderbar. It's still pretty close, definitely looking forward to trying the Ti model.

I still prefer my Wunderbar for pure efficiency, but if I just want a quick, comfortable shave, I grab my Ti BS. With the Wunderbar I get great shaves, but they do require attention and a great, slow technique.

These two razors really complement each other. Everyone should try them.

I actually like the Ti BS and Wunderbar so much I've been considering getting a backup of each, but I'll try to save my money for the upcoming Mamba ;)

Last edited:
It's available again today.

Today's batch stayed up for about 4h, it must have been a huge batch. Hopefully that helps put a stop to people reselling them at crazy prices.

Anyway, some people will be very pleased in a few days when they arrive to their door.

I'd like to try a baby soft. Thought about buying the cheaper one, but it sounds like the Ti would be a better performer, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on a $100 just to see.

Top Bottom