What's new

RazoRock Superslant views, reviews, and shaves

I don't think that's correct. I just double checked on the Gifts and Care site, and it clearly says "head" and shows both the top cap and base.
Hi
The photo I see is the base plate from two different angles and not top cap + base plate

1674182649604.png

Thanks. I missed seeing that. I'll have to contact them to make sure that when the say "head" they mean head and not base plate
That price would have been too good for anything but the baseplate. They usually only charge $5 more for a razor with handle versus the pieces so the head would need to be around $120 I think. Maybe $100. It's also more consistent with their decision to only sell the complete razors in NA(no heads).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't think that's correct. I just double checked on the Gifts and Care site, and it clearly says "head" and shows both the top cap and base. I know that Italian Barber doesn't sell a compete SuperSlant head, only a complete razor or a separate base plate
@Steve_in_CT , I sure hope "we" are right. I just ordered a L2++ razor head from them as well. I think it's cool that RR supplied them with heads alone. I was gong to wait until RR did the same thing.

Thx again for the head's up.

Edit: I did email Gifts and Care as well... their customer service is usually excellent. If I made a mistake, I'm sure they'll cancel or correct the order for me.

Last edited:
@Steve_in_CT , I sure hope "we" are right. I just ordered a L2++ razor head from them as well. I think it's cool that RR supplied them with heads alone. I was gong to wait until RR did the same thing.

Thx again for the head's up.
I emailed them to confirm that I'm getting both a base plate and top cap. I'll report back if/when I get a reply. I'm encouraged by the fact that all of the RazoRock heads on their site just show the base plate from two views. (In fact they are same photos as on the Italian Barber site where they sell only the base plate.). But the prices for heads like the Lupo .95 are more in line with what you would expect. So I'm hoping we just got a bargain.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I was wondering already for a while about the Superslant and @thombrogan trying to get the crooked thing to work.

Because it actually should work fine, no matter what one does with it. That's even one of its main characteristics. :eek2:

My bone with the Wunderbar was the shallow angle and that it gave little warning, my beef with the Superslant L3... it just works beautifully, no matter what one does. Some seem to have trouble loading it or get scared by the sound of the blade getting bent when screwing the head together, but that doesn't bother me.

It's a bit too easy to get a good to great shave with it. That's a weird thing to say about a razor if it is meant negatively. :lol1:
I will shave with the Smart Helix Apollo Light, Aggressive Plate, tonight. This one guarantees a way more involved shave. It's not easy, the angle is up to the user, very variable but not all do work nicely. One has to pick the right one for smooth sailing or cleanup. It doesn't guide the user or work no matter what one does.

So, all these deliberations help Thom not one bit... but I wondered, what can one tell an experienced shaver to do differently...?

1. Try another blade. The usual answer. Feather, Nacet, BIC, something stainless and sharp. Slants like it sharp. :devil:
2. Try another handle. For instance, I use the 74g Alpha Viper 95mm handle. 🐍
(3. Get the image of the guillotine out of your mind. Whatever you did in the past, this is just a razor. :popc:)
4. no chance, jus doesn't work, a pity. Sometimes a razor doesn't work for one while a lot of credible people seem to love it, sometimes excessively so. Ride the bar, shave steep, praise the Emperor. If that doesn't work, mankind is lost. Perhaps this is all not quite that dramatic, but something like that.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Gents,

Do not copy/paste tables or emails from outside sources here. It screws up the formatting of the thread. Some posts here had to be deleted. If you are pasting stuff try to do it without the hyperlink. And create your tables here on B&B if you want to use one.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Monday January 23, 2023 (It's 1-2-3 Day!)
Razor: L3SB
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: Arko

Yeah, well...so in Canada I guess it's really "2-3-1 Day." :001_rolle But that's no fun.

After spending a couple of shaves getting really close just because I can with this razor, laid back a little this morning to take off three days' worth. Still a fine shave.

O.H.

Been a while since posting, couple shaves later all good. Clean smooth results since I established the line (carelessness) not to cross. Reading posts, I have realized my transition to the L2++ was easy as I have 2 yrs practice with a WB.
Personna blue has remained repeatable with new blade every shave.

shave on!

Top Bottom