What's new

RazoRock Stealth Slant Explorer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my third shave with a Feather in this razor, I can confirm that Feathers still hate my face, but not as much in the RRSS as in a 37C.

Mod Edit: I'd like to tell you something, but I don't want to break the Terms Of Service again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today was my fourth shave with the Stealth Slant.

As an experiment, I pulled out a soap that I had discarded for shower duty because I had never been able to finish a shave with it.

There just wasn't the quality of lather that I require for a comfortable shave.

I lathered up with it today and the Slant didn't tug and pull like other razors did when I tried this soap.

I got a great shave with a sub par soap.

Side note: This is great thread to follow for those of us interested in good management/leadership practices. Joe has consistently responded to questions about the product, he's taken an interest in all kinds of feedback, and he has been transparent about his considerations for the product's future. I am relatively new to wet shaving, so I haven't tried any of the Razorock products. That will change soon though. :thumbup1:

I'm trying to catch up, so please forgive me if this has been asked, but any idea what you're going to try first? My first experience was the XXXt and LOVED it. it's the best soap i've used to date. Loved it enough to stock up and get some XX...but haven't had a chance to try it yet because i'm addicted to the XXXt. Also had to pick up some baby blue, which was my first AS splash and I was amazed at how great it left my face feeling afterwards.

As for Joe, of all business models I have seen, and management/leadership models, joe takes the cake. I really appreciate the fact that he lets the people know what he plans on doing, and is more than willing to find out what the consumer wants. He has always been a gentleman as far as i've seen, and provides top quality products for what the everyday person can afford.

I've now had half a dozen shaves with this razor and have not experienced any nicks or weepers. For the next week I am going to use this with other blades to see if there is any change in performance.

So far I've used Astra SP, Gillette 365, and Shark SS. Next up, Trig blades. I haven't been able to use these blades in any other razor I own - they just don't seem to work for me. Tonight they meet the slant.

which was your favorite blade so far? also, keep us updated, and let us know if the "bad" blade is better in this razor

Last edited:
I've got 2 shaves on the Gillette Silver Blue blade. First time I've used them. Probably one of the best I've used in this Slant so far!

I know we've discussed how this razors smoothness, safety and light weight allow it to move much faster. But I'm telling you guys, this is pretty amazing to me. I really am flying through a shave and having zero issues! I watched a vid Joe posted today of a dude shaving with it, and he was very careful. I'm thinking, man, it can go so much quicker with this thing! I don't do vids, but I'm considering it just to show what I mean lol

Has anyone else had this experience besides me?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399443988.503363.jpgfirst week impression - ranked in order of comfort (totally subjective of course)
1) Rapira Swedish Supersteel
2) Gillette Silver Blue
3) Persona Med Prep
4) Polsilver SI
5) Gillette 7o'clock Black
6) Rotbart Extra Thin
7) Astra SP (pulled and inefficient)

I've got 2 shaves on the Gillette Silver Blue blade. First time I've used them. Probably one of the best I've used in this Slant so far!

I know we've discussed how this razors smoothness, safety and light weight allow it to move much faster. But I'm telling you guys, this is pretty amazing to me. I really am flying through a shave and having zero issues! I watched a vid Joe posted today of a dude shaving with it, and he was very careful. I'm thinking, man, it can go so much quicker with this thing! I don't do vids, but I'm considering it just to show what I mean lol

Has anyone else had this experience besides me?

It's not just you. I have to make myself slow down. This razor wants to go fast and it doesn't punish you for it.

I too have been a LE to just zip it around my face and not suffer for it. The shaves are quick.

As an aside I switched out my Gillette Silver Blue for as Astra Super Stainless today and didn't enjoy it as much.

I got a close shave without irritation but it did tug some whereas the GSB was like shaving with a laser.

Mod Edit: I'd like to tell you something, but I don't want to break the Terms Of Service again.

Could someone explain WHY this post was edited? Not trying to argue, but at least understand why. I was commenting on another post here, which was NOT mod edited. Anyway, back to the razor, hope RazoRock makes this one for general release.

it was explained to me. appreciate it.

Last edited:
I've held off my comments until I get a dozen or so shaves with this thing, but for now, I have a couple of discussion points I haven't seen yet.

* How long are blades lasting for you? Longer or shorter than other razors? Anecdotally, I haven't changed the blade once since getting this razor. That's 7 or 8 shaves... Definitely longer for me.

* On a scale from 1-10, with 1 being for beginners and 10 being for experts, where do you think this razor fits?

Could someone explain WHY this post was edited? Not trying to argue, but at least understand why. I was commenting on another post here, which was NOT mod edited. Anyway, back to the razor, hope RazoRock makes this one for general release.

Based on the note, I'd have to guess something in the post was against the TOU.

After my third shave with a Feather in this razor, I can confirm that Feathers still hate my face, but not as much in the RRSS as in a 37C.

My experience with the Trig blade as well. The blade still hates me.

I haven't seen anything with this razor that makes me think a beginner couldn't use it successfully except for the light weight. It's possible a beginner might add pressure as you do when using a cartridge razor.

Good question on whether this razor is for beginner's or experts (or anywhere on the spectrum). My thoughts are that a slant should be in everyone's rertoire. This one more so for a newbie just because so many guys come over from cartridges, and for me the angle of attack is similar to a cart. Second you don't need to wiggle the blade around (if you're so inclined) as with my 37C. And lastly, like John siad above, it's a quick shaver (and for me pressure didn't matter)

brucered

System Generated
This razor fis or everyone. It is not agressive but both forgiving and efficient.

It is very easy to get the angle right and not really any way to mess up a shave.

I miss shaving with it, but that will be changing Friday. :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom