What's new

RazoRock Stealth Slant Explorer Project Part 2

So.......

My SWMBO just used my Stealth Slant and has threatened to steal it unless I get her one for herself.

Oh well, I look at this situation as her verbal approval to load up a shopping cart at IB :D

So.......

My SWMBO just used my Stealth Slant and has threatened to steal it unless I get her one for herself.

Oh well, I look at this situation as her verbal approval to load up a shopping cart at IB :D

Be careful. Twice the number of Stealths in the home means twice the chance that someone will be impregnated shortly. ;)

Feather is the preferred blade for me in this razor,
I also like the Personna Lab and Med as well

I find the safety of this razor coupled with the efficiency of the blade is a perfect combination

8 shaves in since May 13. With some other razors interspersed for comparison.

1) Definitely a smooth shave
2) Angle of attack is key- even with "pressure" there was no irritation.
3) Something about the razor just wants to make you shave fast.
4) Handle design is deceptive = not slippery under any circumstance

A couple of considerations (personal OCD)
A) Size of the head can be distracting
B) Size of the head/design/coating seems to clear the water or slickness on the first pass. Difficult to do touch up without the benefit of more material.

Ultimately this is a good razor. Although there were consistent BBS - there is another razor head (at least for me) that the BBS lasts longer...so I suppose I am splitting hairs!!!

8 shaves in since May 13. With some other razors interspersed for comparison.

1) Definitely a smooth shave
2) Angle of attack is key- even with "pressure" there was no irritation.
3) Something about the razor just wants to make you shave fast.
4) Handle design is deceptive = not slippery under any circumstance

A couple of considerations (personal OCD)
A) Size of the head can be distracting
B) Size of the head/design/coating seems to clear the water or slickness on the first pass. Difficult to do touch up without the benefit of more material.

Ultimately this is a good razor. Although there were consistent BBS - there is another razor head (at least for me) that the BBS lasts longer...so I suppose I am splitting hairs!!!

I think the mildness of this razor contributes to the fact that the shave may not last as long as that derived from some razors.

My open combs give me a shave that lasts longer than the Stealth's shaves.

I also have to be much more careful with them.

There is no such thing as one razor that is the best at everything.

But this razor is awful good in a lot of areas. I know of no other razor this mild that is also this efficient.

I thought that after a few great weeks of using the RRSS I would try my R89 Bulldog. Well, it wasn't a bad shave with a new feather blade but I actually missed using the slant. All I can say is that the RRSS has been one hell of a good razor that is above and beyond others. On a side note, the other day I was changing the blade and not once but twice dropped the head of it on the floor. All that happened is a very small chip of the coating came off an edge (the size of a fine point pen dot). I thought for sure it was going to be worse than what happened and it still shaves like the champ it is.

It sounds like a great razor. I'm looking forward to more product reaching the general shaving population. Based on the number of purchasers who posted it's a very small statistical sample. A larger sampling size of posters will help quantify the data

Last edited:
I think the mildness of this razor contributes to the fact that the shave may not last as long as that derived from some razors.

My open combs give me a shave that lasts longer than the Stealth's shaves.

This is certainly a YMMV issue. For me, the shave lasts just as long as any other razor. This razor, while the ease of use may make it seem mild, is extremely efficient.

I didn't intend my observation as a criticism, certainly.

Since I received my Stealth, I have hardly used anything else.

It is a great razor.

I didn't intend my observation as a criticism, certainly.

Since I received my Stealth, I have hardly used anything else.

It is a great razor.

Of course sir. I replied because of the off chance that a newbie may be steered away from this razor for fear of a short lasting shave. However, given the overwhelmingly number of positive reviews here that may not have been necessary. Please excuse me.

I don't know if I reported this in the old thread, but I used a Voskhod blade with the slant as the 2nd blade way back - the 2 shaves were not as perfect as the ones I get with PolSilver Blades - as the Voskhod pulled a tad - especially during my fourth (ATG) pass.

Today I revisited the blade (mainly because I liked it so much in my other razors) and boy was in for a surprise. I can't stop touching my face because it's so smooth - guess I had a dud blade last time - so I have to do in depth comparisons over the coming weeks :001_cool:

I traded my Ikon Slant for a Stealth and received it yesterday. This morning was my first shave with it. It almost feels like cheating b/c it's so smooth. I did get a little irritation on my neck b/c I got overly confident and tried to go XTG which is a big no no on my neck. Looking forward to getting to know this razor better but off to a fantastic start!

I started using a Parker SR1 just to try something different. I still use the Razorock Slant to finish off and for days when I'm not ready for the bloodloss using the shavette.:001_smile

The Razorock Slant is the reason I decided to PIF my Sledgehammer.

Top Bottom