What's new

RazoRock Stealth Slant Explorer Project Part 2

I followed with interest the previous thread. What I read was enough to look forward to the wide release of the Stealth. Pretty sure it will sell briskly.

I may skip shaving today after yesterday's BBS (Gillette Silver Blue/3P/Arko/WD Silvertip) experience...seriously the best yet with this razor. Seems like the shave was so good and close; very easy with no irritation...

I am not in the evaluation run, so I have no Stealth Slant. I did not notice any time plan at all concerning the beta testing period in the locked thread.

What is the latest info regarding the production of this razor? Will there be a production razor for sale? My only current DE is my Feather AS-D1 bought in 2010. I would like to purchase this one!

I am not in the evaluation run, so I have no Stealth Slant. I did not notice any time plan at all concerning the beta testing period in the locked thread.

What is the latest info regarding the production of this razor? Will there be a production razor for sale? My only current DE is my Feather AS-D1 bought in 2010. I would like to purchase this one!

As of right now, I think the only one who might have any idea as to the production schedule is Joe himself. I'm thinking, if this razor does go into production, that he won't let on until shortly before it goes on sale. In addition, I'd be surprised if this was a regular production razor and isn't a small batch, interval release. Joe's a smart businessman, and he, as well as us, have generated a huge amount of interest in this razor. I would imagine that he'll do whatever he can to keep the demand about as high as it is right now.

As a general PSA - I would be willing to bet that if this thread degenerates into what the last one did, with the bickering and TOU breakage, it will be shut down faster than you can say "RazoRock". I think that we should be pretty respectful of each other, as well as the TOU, so that we can keep this very good source alive.

My friend got one and lent it to me for a day. I had a very nice shave and got all hot and bothered to get one. Since then I've shaved three times, twice with a Gillette NEW and once with a Black Handel SS. These were also great shaves so I no longer feel that NEED to have one so much. That said, when they go into production, I'll certainly consider buying one. It's certainly a very well designed razor.

I have been loving my shaves with the Stealth since I got it. Gave Joe my feedback, but doubt there is much need to change anything drastically. People that do not have one yet should take a deep breath, have a little patience, and know that they will be able to have chance to use one very soon!

In many ways it compares to a shave with a Ziglar slant, which is a big compliment. Those that enjoy the 37c should find this takes their shaves to a higher and more efficient level.

I have been loving my shaves with the Stealth since I got it. Gave Joe my feedback, but doubt there is much need to change anything drastically. People that do not have one yet should take a deep breath, have a little patience, and know that they will be able to have chance to use one very soon!

In many ways it compares to a shave with a Ziglar slant, which is a big compliment. Those that enjoy the 37c should find this takes their shaves to a higher and more efficient level.

I don't know anything about Ziglar slants, but I agree that it is similar to the 37C shave, but better.

Can somebody please explain to me why the other thread ws closed? I guess i am still to new here to understand all the rules...

One a different note: today I shaved with the slant after 3 days of growth - the only thing that comes to mind: AMAZING

Went through my beard like butter - 4 pass BBS - thank you again Joe!

Can somebody please explain to me why the other thread ws closed? I guess i am still to new here to understand all the rules...

One a different note: today I shaved with the slant after 3 days of growth - the only thing that comes to mind: AMAZING

Basically, familiarize yourself with the TOU:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Terms_Of_Usage

Doing things listed in there to not do or getting into ungentlemanly behavior generally gets your post deleted. If that sort of thing happens enough times in a single thread, rather than spend lots of time cleaning up the thread, it's just more effective to lock it.

So I know it is a great razor and very smooth but how long do the shaves last? I have a merkur 25c (open comb razor) that is so smooth and irritation free and gives close shaves but the shave doesn't last long as it doesnt cut as close. If I go over that shave with another razor it gets closer leading to a longer lasting shave.

So besides being smoth and easy to use is it long lasting? If you shave over with another razor are you taking more off?

I had a couple great exchanges with the mods regarding this because I too wanted to be more familiar with the rules. There are a couple reasons the last thread was shut down. First, comments were made regarding auctions or sales that were in process. If you want to talk about an auction or sale of any item you must wait until that auction or sale has finished. Second, you basically had a mod called out and told to lighten up. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, stating that in writing in a way that could be construed as negative is ungentlemanly. As long as we respect those specific rules here, as well as the rest of the TOU, we will all be fine.

It's my opinion that the sale concluded on eBay for $175 (or whatever the ending price was if I'm not remembering it correctly) was a fair price for this razor that is indicative of its performance. This thing flat out rocks and Joe could charge that price and still sell a bunch of razors.

So I know it is a great razor and very smooth but how long do the shaves last? I have a merkur 25c (open comb razor) that is so smooth and irritation free and gives close shaves but the shave doesn't last long as it doesnt cut as close. If I go over that shave with another razor it gets closer leading to a longer lasting shave.

So besides being smoth and easy to use is it long lasting? If you shave over with another razor are you taking more off?

After using a Feather in this razor for the first time I've found that my shaves are the closest and longest lasting I have experienced in my time wet shaving. After shaving in the mid morning I was still at 75% BBS at 9pm. Using other blades my shaves are still very long lasting but with the Feather they last a little longer for me. YMMV.

Okay, I thought of a beef with the RRSS. Use it too long and it may give you lazy technique. Too easy. I'm going to have to mix it up with more aggressive razors just to make sure I don't develop a bunch of bad habits.

Top Bottom