What's new

Razorock Mamba

Shaved with mine last night with a Polsilver loaded up. The razor should be called the ghost. It made no sound, and I have to check the razor twice to ensure it was actually cutting. Finding the right angle was effortless.

I did an initial pass on my head which was smooth and without drama. I finished up my headshave with my R41 as having feedback is important to me when shaving in areas I can't see.

I used it on my neck below my beard which is a major problem area for me. The shave was effortless and I didn't have any irritation following the shave. The day after is the key for me as this is when I usually start to get redness or bumps. I will see tomorrow how it did but this razor was extremely comfortable.

I am going to say that this razor is the best value I've seen yet. I can't wait to shave with it again.

Shaved with mine last night with a Polsilver loaded up. The razor should be called the ghost. It made no sound, and I have to check the razor twice to ensure it was actually cutting. Finding the right angle was effortless.

I did an initial pass on my head which was smooth and without drama. I finished up my headshave with my R41 as having feedback is important to me when shaving in areas I can't see.

I used it on my neck below my beard which is a major problem area for me. The shave was effortless and I didn't have any irritation following the shave. The day after is the key for me as this is when I usually start to get redness or bumps. I will see tomorrow how it did but this razor was extremely comfortable.

I am going to say that this razor is the best value I've seen yet. I can't wait to shave with it again.
Good review and thanks for posting what blade you used.

Hi, can you compare the finish with Wunderbar Slant and shaving performance with Blackbird, if you have them in stock? Thanks.

Just received my Mamba today and shaved with it tonight. Very well built and a very efficient shaver. Razor Ramon said it should be called the ghost, and I would agree. There were times when I had to stop to check my angle to see if I was actually shaving or just clearing away lather. Not many razors I had to do that with, one other being the Wunderbar. Anyway, I found an attachment for the bottom of the handle.

Behold the RR Mamba Darth Maul Edition:

DSC01864.JPG

Just received my Mamba today and shaved with it tonight. Very well built and a very efficient shaver. Razor Ramon said it should be called the ghost, and I would agree. There were times when I had to stop to check my angle to see if I was actually shaving or just clearing away lather. Not many razors I had to do that with, one other being the Wunderbar. Anyway, I found an attachment for the bottom of the handle.

Behold the RR Mamba Darth Maul Edition:

View attachment 829669
Haha. I did the same thing. I just didn't have an awesome name for it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just shaved with mine. I am a big fan of the original black mamba. Dare I say I like this new one better? I was very surprised to see how different this new one is. I am going to post a comparison shortly with photos.

Just received mine tonight and shaved with it straight away. I like it a lot. It’s hefty, which I like, but 20 or so grams lighter than my 6S. But it still has that weight that makes it so easy to shave without any additional pressure.

I find the angle more intuitive than the RR Ti baby smooth (which is a very shallow angle razor). It seems like you’ve got a bit more leeway with your sweet spot than the Ti BS as well.

I’d say the Mamba is medium aggressive, but quite forgiving. It shaves very similar to my 6s on plate 4, but the Mamba’s head is lower profile and a little wider with no blade tab exposure.

All in all, a winner as far performance goes and a stellar value.

Mine came in yesterday.

Its an awesome looking razor and very nicely machined and polished. I didn’t get the greatest shave though using my usual Voskhod. It took more work than usual but I’ll try a GSB today. I think I’m too used to my Variant and need to use this razor more. I love my Variant by the way

I’ll be surprised though if this razor doesn’t sell like crazy. I have a few other machined stainless razors and they don’t look anywhere as nice as this one. I’m a daily shaver with sensitive skin. I can see this working well for me. It’s like modernized tech.

Ok. I used a GSB this morning and it was a LOT better. I got a really good shave. It’s a bit milder razor than I’m used to, but the GSB paired perfectly with it. That’s great cause I have a stockpile of GSBs!

I used all Razorock today. [emoji14]

I like the knob at the bottom. It’s nice for holding it. It makes it like a longer Merkur HD.

proxy.php

I have paired mine with a Polsilver and it makes for a silent but efficient shave. I found the same blade in my R41 to be near suicide but seems to be a perfect match in this razor. I have been using it on my neck below my beard and it is a mild and comfortable shave. With this part of my face I either leave hair or get ingrowns. With this razor it has been the least I've seen in the 18 years I've been shaving. I tried it on my head but I can't feel or hear it working which makes it difficult as I shave my head blindly. My R41 is a head shaving machine anyways, but I think I found my neck razor for sure. And yes, I use two razors given the difference between the skin in these two areas.

I'm going moose hunting for the next 10 days so I think I'll be testing this bad boy out on 10 days growth when I return.

I'm going moose hunting for the next 10 days so I think I'll be testing this bad boy out on 10 days growth when I return.

Just reading past threads on the new stainless steel Razorock Mamba. I'm curious about if you used it on 10 days growth after your hunting excursion? How did it do? And what are your thoughts on the Mamba after two months now?

I shaved with mine 2 days ago and honestly I'm not impressed. I'll have to give it another go but with a new astra sp, the thing wasn't mild but inefficient to the point of me having to go over the same spots a few times since unshaven hairs were left behind a lot.
As I said, I'll be doing more tests (other blades, less growth, etc) but as of right now I really am not impressed nor interested in keeping it. Will report back once I've eliminated more variables...

Well, seems like I'm again in the minority around these parts but: this razor just doesn't work for me. I tried it again tonight. 3 different blades, varying the angle, pressure...nothing worked. I didn't get a good shave, even a good stroke, until I took the last blade I tried (Gillette Silver blue) and put it in a Fatboy (at 3 so still quite mild) and then BAM, great, smooth, efficient shave.
I'm bummed. I really wanted to like this thing. I'm a fan of Joe's products and this is a beautiful piece. I'll have to sell it since, while cheap for what it is, it's still too pricey a razor to let it sit in the closet...

Top Bottom