What's new

Razorock Mamba

Just ordered one of these bad boys. Jumped on it like a fat kid on a smartie then realized their were 1200 in total. Can't wait to shave with this thing.

Anyone received theirs yet?

A Canadian M&M lol.

No Smarties in the US? Don't I feel stupid now. The Mounties love them, usually cover them in maple syrup, or cheese curds and gravy eh. Goes well with Canadian bacon while watching the hockey game hosers.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
!But what about the razor!

Sorry, eh. I'm a little impatient to learn about the razor.

My apologies.

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Starting about now all the local stores are hiring folk that speak Canadian for the next 6-8 months. Local radio station carries CBC news. 1.00CDN = 15.17MXN.

I hesitated to get one but I decided to sit on it for a while. I know they're not the same at all but I'm not that thrilled with my Baby Smooth and I have plenty of great razors. I also have a certain Rockwell coming soon (hopefully) so I decided to take my chances and wait on the reviews of this one before committing any money.

Tell us when you get it!

Got one to and it's on it's way as I got the shipping confirmation.. I've heard a lot of good things about the Mamba so I'll soon find out if all reviews are true. Good price on it to.

Mine has arrived and it's in my hand. Beautiful razor. Tight tolerances, perfect blade alignment, lots of blade exposure, decent blade gap. Looks like a medium aggressive razor with good wait but not as heavy as my 38c or 39c. I won't be able to find out due to the pump being shot at my cottage. Don't really feel like shaving with lake water.

The finish is good. Some machining marks but only in areas you can't see when the razor is assembled. For the price, it is amazing. You can't expect Timeless or Wolf Whiskers quality and in my eyes it looks fantastic. I'm extremely happy based on my visual inspection. Can't wait to shave with it.

Mine’s supposed to arrive Tuesday (I pulled my car over and ordered it about 15 seconds after Joe tweeted its release—takes a few days to make it out west). Looking forward to having it in hand.

Fully machined SS razor, made in Canada, with some adjustability, no less. Stoked.

Mine has arrived and it's in my hand. Beautiful razor. Tight tolerances, perfect blade alignment, lots of blade exposure, decent blade gap. Looks like a medium aggressive razor with good wait but not as heavy as my 38c or 39c. I won't be able to find out due to the pump being shot at my cottage. Don't really feel like shaving with lake water.

The finish is good. Some machining marks but only in areas you can't see when the razor is assembled. For the price, it is amazing. You can't expect Timeless or Wolf Whiskers quality and in my eyes it looks fantastic. I'm extremely happy based on my visual inspection. Can't wait to shave with it.
Would you be so kind and post a photo.
Thanks

Just finished shaving with mine. I weighed it at I think 96.5 grams, nice and heavy and feels great. Of my now 4 DEs (including Gillette slim birth year/quarter razor, Merkur futur and Merkur 34C HD) I will compare it to the 34C since it is most similar to that and many people have or have tried a 34C. I used a new feather blade for the first shave, hand stropped a few times.

Compared to the 34C it is much more substantial in size and of course it weighs much more and the handle is longer. The weight gives it a fantastic feel.

In terms of the shave I would say it is slightly more aggressive than the 34C but not by a lot, which is kind of what I was hoping for. If I want something more aggressive I'll use the slim on an 8 or 9 setting and if I want more than that I'll use the futur. Shave was super close without much effort, near BBS. Would have gone for BBS but I don't do that with new feathers I wait until they have a couple of shaves on them. Had one small weeper which I attribute to the feather not the Mamba.

One thing I appreciated was rinsing the lather off/out of the Mamba between strokes was much easier and effective than with the 34C, presumably because I assume the Mamba has a larger blade gap.

All in all it's still early but I think it will exceed my expectations handsomely. Congrats to Joe and everyone at Razorock and Italian Barber for another winner, especially from a value perspective.

Here is a pic:

proxy.php

I just have an old blackberry so photos won't be great. Looks like someone else has one also. Fellow Ontario native?

As for adjustability, the only thing I see is the bottom knob screws off to shorten the handle. I'm not sure what else makes it adjustable.

Just finished shaving with mine. I weighed it at I think 96.5 grams, nice and heavy and feels great. Of my now 4 DEs (including Gillette slim birth year/quarter razor, Merkur futur and Merkur 34C HD) I will compare it to the 34C since it is most similar to that and many people have or have tried a 34C. I used a new feather blade for the first shave, hand stropped a few times.

Compared to the 34C it is much more substantial in size and of course it weighs much more and the handle is longer. The weight gives it a fantastic feel.

In terms of the shave I would say it is slightly more aggressive than the 34C but not by a lot, which is kind of what I was hoping for. If I want something more aggressive I'll use the slim on an 8 or 9 setting and if I want more than that I'll use the futur. Shave was super close without much effort, near BBS. Would have gone for BBS but I don't do that with new feathers I wait until they have a couple of shaves on them. Had one small weeper which I attribute to the feather not the Mamba.

One thing I appreciated was rinsing the lather off/out of the Mamba between strokes was much easier and effective than with the 34C, presumably because I assume the Mamba has a larger blade gap.

All in all it's still early but I think it will exceed my expectations handsomely. Congrats to Joe and everyone at Razorock and Italian Barber for another winner, especially from a value perspective.

Here is a pic:

proxy.php
Now that is one beautiful piece of work.

I just have an old blackberry so photos won't be great. Looks like someone else has one also. Fellow Ontario native?

As for adjustability, the only thing I see is the bottom knob screws off to shorten the handle. I'm not sure what else makes it adjustable.

Yeah, I guess you’re right. They had something in the product info that I’d assumed meant it was somehow adjustable:

“The handle on the Mamba is a new and unique design. CNC turned out of 316L stainless steel rod and comes with a hidden element of adjust-ability.”

I suppose it is adjustable, in a way... Though, not in one that I particularly care about.

Top Bottom