What's new

Razorock Hawk V3 in stainless steel

Using that nomenclature the shave plane for starters differs. The A plate has a steeper plane and since it is the guard that is shortened not the cap it translates to less blade edge exposed past that plane on the lower side which is where the cut starts. That also changes the blade angle from the standard plate i.e. the angle between the blade and where it passes the shave plane. It is apples to oranges here, if it was apples to apples then guards would have to be the same length. With that the only difference is the gap not 3 factors like now.
I don't follow you here - see the highlighted area above. From what I could see in your pictures, the A plate guard isn't shortened, but it is lengthened. What am I missing?

I don't follow you here - see the highlighted area above. From what I could see in your pictures, the A plate guard isn't shortened, but it is lengthened. What am I missing?
The guard is lengthened and the plane or incline is more shallow is what I meant to say for the A plate. Where the blade breaks the plane and angle between the blade and plane are also changed because the blades are the same in respect to location with both plates.

The guard is lengthened and the plane or incline is more shallow is what I meant to say for the A plate. Where the blade breaks the plane and angle between the blade and plane are also changed because the blades are the same in respect to location with both plates.
OK. Now I've got it. Thanks.
As it stands now, from what I'm hearing, I'll be looking to get the open comb plate. The standard plate is just not as efficient as I would like. It works well with a Feather Pro Super blade, but with that blade it's just too harsh.

Last edited:
Finally got around to using the V3 Hawk standard plate on loan. It is milder than the A plate for sure. Razor reminds me of the Colonial General the way it shaves. Only difference the the Colonial General shaves much closer than this razor. With that said the A plate is hardly what I would call aggressive either and it doesn't perform any better than the standard plate. I suspect that is due to the exposure being different. Either way the A plate is a total dud far as I am concerned.

Before I send the standard plate back to it's owner I will use it as a guide and shorten the guard on the A plate to match it and see if the exposure is the only or biggest problem here with it being a dud.

End result avoid the A plate if you want an aggressive/efficient plate and go with the open comb.

I am in shock! Had been watching my V3 being held up in Chicago since 4/22 and lo and behold I just got notice from USPS it’s in transit from Columbus, OH regional center to my local post office. Should have it Monday!
I'm nervous to say this but according to the USPS Informed Delivery mine is out for delivery today. I'm finally letting myself get excited. My order has taken quite a tour of the US after finally getting through customs/quarantine in Chicago.

According to USPS it followed this route: North York, ON > Mississauga, ON > CHICAGO, IL (where it stayed for an extended vacation) > SEATTLE, WA > CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (where I live) > DES MOINES, IA > CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (out for delivery)

I'm not sure why it went to Seattle or Des Moines. All of my previous IB orders have gone straight from Chicago to Cedar Rapids.

Last edited:
Mine seems to be held up again. Sat in Chicago from 4/22 to 5/2. Moved to Columbus, OH on 5/2, on 5/3 says in transit to destination. Today says same thing. Our Post Office only 10 miles from Columbus, can’t imagine what the holdup could be unless no one scanning item. So guess either I will be surprised today or will be waiting longer for delivery. Glad I have plenty of razors.😉

Finally had my first shave with Hawk V.3 (standard plate) + Feather Pro blade. Well, it is definitely a mild razor. And I like it. Also, had no problems with efficiency: easily achieved BBS in three passes. No nicks, no irritation. It was also my first shave with an AC blade. And I really liked how rigid it feels: the oh so familiar blade chatter is gone. And my skin feels far less exhausted then usual. I'm gonna stay with this setup for the next 5 to 10 shaves. Let's see how is it going to develop.

IMG_7572 (1).jpg

I also really liked the RR Bulldog handle (the only option at the time of the purchase).Their 2-piece Halo is on its way but I'm not so sure about it already:)

Finally had my first shave with Hawk V.3 (standard plate) + Feather Pro blade. Well, it is definitely a mild razor. And I like it. Also, had no problems with efficiency: easily achieved BBS in three passes. No nicks, no irritation. It was also my first shave with an AC blade. And I really liked how rigid it feels: the oh so familiar blade chatter is gone. And my skin feels far less exhausted then usual. I'm gonna stay with this setup for the next 5 to 10 shaves. Let's see how is it going to develop.

View attachment 1095878

I also really liked the RR Bulldog handle (the only option at the time of the purchase).Their 2-piece Halo is on its way but I'm not so sure about it already:)
I've used it with the both the bulldog and the halo handles and much prefer the halo. Maybe that's because I'm more accustomed to the halo as I have been using it for a while with my Game Changer.

I have received texts for the last three days that it’s departing the Columbus distribution center. Would be nice if it actually got to my post office! It could have been walked there three times over now. Guess this proves how inefficient the postal service is at this time.

I've used it with the both the bulldog and the halo handles and much prefer the halo. Maybe that's because I'm more accustomed to the halo as I have been using it for a while with my Game Changer.

I'll try the Halo immediately once it arrives.

Not to gloat, but...

Ordered a V3 and V3OC. Five days in Canada Post, Boom/done.

Stuck 'em away for awhile so I can finish another shave project. I'm looking forward to gathering a few blade choices and seeing how they go.

O.H.
Looking forward to how your head shaves go with the V3 OC.

Be still my heart! Finally today I received texts that Hawk3 to be delivered today and that it’s out for delivery. This is yet to be seen, but may call for tomorrow’s first shave with the Hawk3.

Top Bottom