What's new

Razorock Hawk V3 in stainless steel

I think I read on IB site they will be raising the price once things settle down. Even with delivery problems glad I got it for the price I did. Just hoping it will live up to the hype.

Not to gloat, but...

Ordered a V3 and V3OC. Five days in Canada Post, Boom/done.

Stuck 'em away for awhile so I can finish another shave project. I'm looking forward to gathering a few blade choices and seeing how they go.

O.H.
It must ship from the other side of Detroit, because I got mine in Fort Wayne on 4-8-2020. It shipped on 4-6-2020.

I really luck out with Italian barber.

Fwiw, it takes me around 2 weeks to get anything from wcs. I really think it matters quite a bit where one lives.

The delay is only due to backed up customs, due to covid related restrictions, especially in Chicago. Not a fault of IB or USPS. Once your item arrives in USPS system, they are being delivered and n 2-3 days.

The delay is only due to backed up customs, due to covid related restrictions, especially in Chicago. Not a fault of IB or USPS. Once your item arrives in USPS system, they are being delivered and n 2-3 days.
I understand, but mine hit Chicago on 4/22 and was delivered today in Westerville, OH just 12 miles NE of Columbus. It only took 4 days to travel those 12 miles in Ohio the rest was to exit Chicago.

All is water over the dam now, it was delivered so that’s all that counts. Anxious to try it tomorrow!

After trying an OC Hawk from @BBS-1, I ordered one last night as they are now in stock (as well as their inkwell stand!). I'll be offloading a regular one if someone is interested. My wirey thick beard needed something with increased efficiency. Cheers everyone! [emoji106]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had my first shave with the STD head Hawk V3. Was very intuitive to use, I liked the overall weight with the Halo handle. I used a Feather Pro blade with 5 shaves on it and even though I had a BBS shave I have some face irritation. It could be the blade or could be I didn’t have the lather right from the B&M Reserve Classic as is only my 2nd shave with this soap. Had my usual prep and after shave routines so nothing changed there. Overall I find it more efficient than the V2 and probably will be a keeper, time will tell. Will use a new Schick Proline tomorrow and go back to one of my Stirling soaps to keep my routine And see what happens.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The V3-OC still shows no movement and has not arrived.

The V3-A (ordered 6 days after I ordered the V3-OC) arrived today.

Oh well.....

Emailed Italian Barber to see if they have any additional status.

In the meantime, I'll give the V3-A a whirl and see how it shaves. :)

The current SS Halo is designated as with an "unscrewable end knob".

Just received the newer 'Halo' handle. Apparently, the end knob is indeed unscrewable. And it really needs a drop of thread-locker to stay there: the knob-less version feels unusable to me. The next shave with Hawk V.3 is due in two days. I'm looking forward to find out how the razor performs with this particular handle.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200508
20200508_145013~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-A
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (4)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat ("Once you've had 'The Fat', you never go back" ;))
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Toner
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The RazoRock Hawk V3-A arrived yesterday. The RazoRock V3-OC (ordered a week before the A) is still stuck at Customs in Chicago.

First shave with the V3-A: This is not an aggressive razor, quite the opposite.

Tried to go steep - nope. Very inefficient. Seems to have a very narrow angle (shallow side of neutral) where you can actually get a nice, fairly efficient shave.

At the effective angle, the V3-A is a mild razor that provides a smooth, irritation-free DFS. Not particularly long lasting.

I'll try the V3-A tomorrow with a Feather blade (no guard) and see if I can coax some additional efficiency out of it.

YMMV

Using my kitchen scales:
Razor head: 28g
Bulldog handle: 71g
Assembled razor+Feather Pro blade: 101g

So, V.3 with the Halo handle.
First the figures. Using my highly scientific method of the kitchen scales:
Halo handle: 60g
Assembled razor+Feather Pro blade (2): 92g

I'm not sure I like this handle much better than the Bulldog. The Halo is lighter(pro) but noticeably shorter(con). The build quality somehow feels inferior to the Bulldog (maybe the not-so-tight thread on the knob bit is the culprit). The said knob on the end makes the handle very usable with the 'three-finger' approach, no problems here. I find the overall look to be more harmonized with the Halo, so there it stays for now.

Had a marvelous shave. 2 passes plus little touch-ups => BBS. No nicks, no irritation, very mild and pleasant feeling on the skin.

sotd_10052020.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200511
20200510_212448~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, 2-piece Halo Handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (5)
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm SynBad
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Cologne: Original Stetson

BBS (Bride Approved) with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The RazoRock Hawk V3-OC is an excellent razor. Efficient and very effective without being aggressive or brutal. :)

Shave 20200511
View attachment 1098592
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, 2-piece Halo Handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (5)
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm SynBad
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Cologne: Original Stetson

BBS (Bride Approved) with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

The RazoRock Hawk V3-OC is an excellent razor. Efficient and very effective without being aggressive or brutal. :)

How are you finding Hawk v3 compared to v2 and Vector (if you ever shaved with it)?

Thanks.

Top Bottom