What's new

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

• Total voters
First de razor was .68p. Used for six months then bought Lupo .72. The GC .68 saw very little use after that. So I picked up a .84 oc so I can get use out of my GC. It shaves great and is efficient, but not as maneuverable around my goatie. Will definitely be used as a Lupo alternate on a regular basis

The 0.84 has been my favorite razor for a long time. It's balance of smoothness and efficiency is perfect for me, but I'll tell you what. I have a Baili 131 ($8 on Amazon) that is giving it a run for its money. This incredibly inexpensive razor punches well above its price point. The rest of my usual rotation includes the copper Karve CB (D plate), Muhle ROCCA R95, and Yates 921-H. All excellent razors as well, but I keep coming back to the Baili.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, Nov 1st, 2022

Razor : Razorock Game Changer.84 - Mfg 2018>, excellent tame mid range, made from 316 SS and machined very accurately with excellent QC, I use the extra wide Kai blade in this razor with excellent results. A joy to use with the right blade.
Blade : Kai SS (8)- Sharp & smoooth with excellent longevity, this blade is one of my top tier blades and gives my milder razors a nice bump up in efficentcy, the blade is wider than a standard Gillette blade by 9/1000 or .0045 thousands of inch per side for more blade feel(blade exposure. Beats shimming a razor any day and has excellent performance.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood, nice scented Sandalwood with excellent lather qualities. Nice post shave skin feel.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm timber wolf knot, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai extra wide blade.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Its a fantastic razor I especially grab when I am pressured for time and need a clean shave with no fuss. If I were to start all over again and could only buy one razor/minded my budget, it would be the Gamechanger or the Lupo DLC. Cant go wrong.

If Razorock tweeked the weird "male/female part" configuration to a more traditional one (all the "male parts" in the top cap), it would essentially be perfect.
Agreed on the male/female configuration. Otherwise, an excellent razor.

My GCJAWS has been my daily driver for over 3 years. Occasionally I'll pop in a .84SB if my face is a little sensitive. The SB is super mild for me. I do love my JAWS!
I’ve never tried the Jaws before, but I do agree that the .84 SB is mild. I remember when it the GC came out and guys were concerned that the .84 would be too aggressive. It really is far from an aggressive razor.

I used to have a merkur 15c but sold the head, teeth too much for me, but kept the handle and use it on pretty much everything, especially the GC84. Handle is a narrow diameter, fairly smooth knurling, and the weight is balanced to the head. perfect.

I’ve never tried the Jaws before, but I do agree that the .84 SB is mild. I remember when it the GC came out and guys were concerned that the .84 would be too aggressive. It really is far from an aggressive razor.
I find it hard to believe that they are both the same aggressiveness. I could shave with the SB one eye'd drunk and not cut myself but that JAWS requires the same level of attention the wife demands on our anniversary. Even then, I'm probably still going to see a little blood just to remind me of who's the real boss. ;)

I've settled on the .84 P for me and it is in the rotation. This was one of my first SS razors and the more i try the more i realize it is a great value and a great smooth shaver. I have no plans on getting rid of it.

For anyone interested i just posted my.84 OC on BST. Great shaver but can't keep them all.

I am about halfway through testing blades in my 84p. I shave every other day and have only been using B&M Omnibus since it’s my go to for smooth shaves.

So far I’ve tried about 12-15 blades and may eventually write a review with my notes, just not sure how helpful it would be since we all prefer different blades. But as it stands my older Nacets from a couple years ago are 10/10 super sharp & smooth. The Astra SP from my favorite batch are almost as sharp and a tad smoother so get a 9.5/10. The Gillette Rubie was a surprise and is very similar to a Nacet for sharpness but maybe just a hair less smooth so a 9.5/10, but it was one of the closest shaves I’ve ever had.

Yep... still using and loving my GC84. I left a review on the Italian Barber web site when I bought it a few years back as to how it was one of the only hyped razors that I have ever purchased than indeed lived up to the hype. It sits on the counter with a Mamba 70, Hawk SS, Rhodium '64 Fatboy and an Occam O.R.E.N... the GC84 along with the Occam have gotten the most regular use for a long tine now... to the point they have stopped looking for anything new and feel I am cured of my RAD.

I tried GC.84 and very impressed but it was not good to my problematic area around neck so changed it to GC.68 and it was more comfortable but not efficient like GC.84. I thing I need to try Karve.
Karve could be your answer that's for sure. I have both GCs and use the 84 for the Sunday shave and 68 during the week. Karve is an interesting alternative. I find the Karve plates to be smooth and very efficient. Read up on Karve if you can, so you don't end up with plates or OCs you don't really need. I have plates I rarely use with my Karve, since I hardly ever miss a day shaving, who needs an aggressive OC or SB? I try to stay with those razors that leave me close shaved and comfortable.

I'm using the .84 SB pretty much exclusively lately. It works well with the pack of blades I am using. Other blade packs worked better with other razors, and I used those razors more often for those blades.

Karve could be your answer that's for sure. I have both GCs and use the 84 for the Sunday shave and 68 during the week. Karve is an interesting alternative. I find the Karve plates to be smooth and very efficient. Read up on Karve if you can, so you don't end up with plates or OCs you don't really need. I have plates I rarely use with my Karve, since I hardly ever miss a day shaving, who needs an aggressive OC or SB? I try to stay with those razors that leave me close shaved and comfortable.
Our shaving routine is very similar. I think B, C and D SB plates would good for me. Which plates do you use mostly? Appreciate for any advise.

Otherwise I’d recommend the R89/DE89 for $25 or Tech for $15.
RR has an MJ90a that is their improved version of the DE89 that sells for $29. It has a stainless handle and a machined black anodized aluminum head. I almost prefer it to my GCs but the jury is still out.

My first safety razor was the Gamechanger 84P which is amazing. I got curious and bought the Lupo 58, 72 and 95 and the Lupo 58 and 95 are keepers, the 72 causes some irritation. Also have the Gamechanger 84OC and find it no better than the Gamechange 84P so will probably sell that at some point along with the Lupo 72.

I REALLY would love if RazoRock released a Gamechanger 100.

Top Bottom