What's new

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

• Total voters
Same question for another Razor:

To all owners, do you still use your Razorock Game Changer regulary in your rotation or used exclusively as a daily driver?

Feel free to write your favorite base.

I really like my Razorock Game Changer and find, similar to the Rockwell 6S, that the balance between efficiency and smoothness is unmarkable. My favorite for daily usage is the .84 SB.

I just got my 84p a month or two ago but it’s by far my favorite out of many modern and vintage razors I’ve tested. Once I’m finally done testing out everything I imagine it’ll be used most of the time.

Another razor that I like almost as well is the ATT R1, but it’s not quite as smooth. I can’t wait to get the ATT SSRH to try out. Also worth mentioning is the EJ 3one6 even though I’ve only used it a couple times I really liked it. My other favorites so far are my Rockwell 6c usually with plate 4, Gillette SS Red Tip, and R89 with a shim, and occasionally the Gillette Tech.

Another top end razor is the Blackland ERA which is only $75 new and often found for a bit less used. I have the 4 SB plate which is very efficient but fairly mild to me. I can’t wait to test out the 5 plates. And the vintage Gem single edge razors with Ted Pella blades are also top end smooth shavers.

Ones I haven’t tested yet other then the ATT SSRH that I think have potential are the Tatara Masamune, Karve Overlander, Greencult, and Blackland Blackbird. But I doubt I like any better then my 84p.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
RR GC .68-P is my latest razor purchase, and I'm really liking it, although I've only had a couple shaves with it so far. Very comfortable and close with no nicks or razor burns. Only one or two stragglers left behind. I'm contemplating getting the .84 base plate but I'm not sure I could do much better with it. I have a mild, patchy beard and shave every other day. Someone please talk me out of buying the .84 base plate. 😉

Last edited:
Its a fantastic razor I especially grab when I am pressured for time and need a clean shave with no fuss. If I were to start all over again and could only buy one razor/minded my budget, it would be the Gamechanger or the Lupo DLC. Cant go wrong.

If Razorock tweeked the weird "male/female part" configuration to a more traditional one (all the "male parts" in the top cap), it would essentially be perfect.

In my rotation. I have both the .84 and .68, but mostly use the .84

Others in my rotation include the Rockwell 6S (4 plate mostly), the CB Karve (B or C plate), Merkur 34C, Chiseled Face Legacy Ti, and Henson AL Mild for those days that I'm in a hurry.

I use my GC .68OC the most, followed by my GC .84P ...a SLOC lives in my travel/dopp kit. Now, I have a Yaqi .70DC on order, which seems to combine features of the Lupo and GC series in a .70P/.70OC head -- I'm eager to compare it to my current razors. If RR actually does release a Lupo .72OC, that one will also enter the mix. I suspect that the GC .68OC will remain towards the top of my rotation.

Its a fantastic razor I especially grab when I am pressured for time and need a clean shave with no fuss. If I were to start all over again and could only buy one razor/minded my budget, it would be the Gamechanger or the Lupo DLC. Cant go wrong.

If Razorock tweeked the weird "male/female part" configuration to a more traditional one (all the "male parts" in the top cap), it would essentially be perfect.

Yep. I have high hopes that the rumored Lupo .72OC might end up working similarly well for me as my GC .68OC...and I too prefer it when the blade indexing posts are on the top cap. If it proves to be nearly as smooth, but just a touch more efficient, it will probably replace my GC .84P (my GC .68OC won't be going anywhere). Similarly, if the Yaqi .70DC I have on the way is also as good as I hope, it might replace the SLOC in my travel kit.

To me the Lupos have a little too much blade feel but with a good shaving soap and being careful to apply no pressure they are nice razors. I can see why so many like them but I find the GameChangers much smoother. This is with my 72 & 95 SB but I don’t have many shaves with them yet.

+1
I‘ve sold them to (72, 95 & 72/95DC). My GC .84p is way smoother, with nearly the same efficency. YMMV

Yep -- I've read that many others feel the same way, which is why I've yet to purchase a Lupo. THEN, the recent threads suggesting the new Lupo .95OC is, for some users, actually a bit smoother than the .95P made me think the (hopefully) future .72OC Lupo might offer a tad more efficiency than a GC .68OC, perhaps similar to the GC .84p, but still be smoother than the .72P due to the OC format. Honestly, the new Yaqi .70DC -- with it's dual .72 blade gaps sides, smooth (GC-like) safety bar, and Lupo-like scalloped edges, had me intrigued enough to order one. Time will tell on that one...

All this being said, I have yet to shave with a razor that hits the "sweet spot" for me better than the GC .68OC.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Seems that more shave with the .68 than the .84. I already find the .84P already more than mild enough and would shave my hypothetical pet amphibium with it, but more often take the .84 OC. RR should have named the P version rather SB.

Top Bottom