What's new

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

• Total voters

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My GC68-P is my all-time favourite shaver!!

20220224_092821.jpg

Seems that more shave with the .68 than the .84. I already find the .84P already more than mild enough and would shave my hypothetical pet amphibium with it, but more often take the .84 OC. RR should have named the P version rather SB.
I agree, I was a mild razor fan with my 89 razors, Techs, super speeds, etc. And I got the 84 in and actually figured it would be too aggressive and it was the single razor that’s amazed me the most and the more I use it the milder it feels. So much that I’ve only used the 68 a couple times.

I would love for Razorock to make a GC 95p. I’d likely still use the 84p the most but it would be nice to have the option. Maybe I’ll try a shim in it next time I have 3 days growth which should make it pretty close to .95 I believe.

It sounds like most people who try the GC love it and even prefer it over their more expensive razors. It will be the main razor I recommend to new users from here on if they can afford the $50-60 cost. Otherwise I’d recommend the R89/DE89 for $25 or Tech for $15.

lasta

Blade Biter
It sounds like most people who try the GC love it and even prefer it over their more expensive razors. It will be the main razor I recommend to new users from here on if they can afford the $50-60 cost. Otherwise I’d recommend the R89/DE89 for $25 or Tech for $15.

The GC84 was what kick started my RAD. Before that I was just a cheap shaver.

Since tried 4 other modern razors in the <$200 range, I will not name them for I support what the companies do for our toy box, but none of them exceeded the RazoRock. Now, GC 84 is the only modern razor I've kept, despite significant cut-downs this year.

Although I would add that both the Game Changer and Tech are essentials, any less than the .84, I'd rather reach for the Tech.

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I would love for Razorock to make a GC 95p. I’d likely still use the 84p the most but it would be nice to have the option. Maybe I’ll try a shim in it next time I have 3 days growth which should make it pretty close to .95 I believe.
Yaqi is making a lot of Lupo clones with various gaps, like 105 even, at the moment. Maybe they will extend that to the Game Changer. DSCosmetic already makes a very good (I say even a bit better, MAYBE due to the scalloped cap) clone of the GC .84P, called the S9. This said, I wasn't much a fan of the Lupo, but the .95 OC is very much to my liking.

I would love a GC .95 DC with OC and SB! But well, my eclectic wishes are likely to remain dreams. Timeless offers dual combs, though. Someone mentioned the Timeless .95, this one is very nice, too, but for Timeless my love goes to the Slim OC, which is for sure not for everyone. But it is the razor I use to clean up when another razor didn't quite do it.

lasta

Blade Biter
Yaqi is making a lot of Lupo clones with various gaps, like 105 even, at the moment. Maybe they will extend that to the Game Changer. DSCosmetic already makes a very good (I say even a bit better, MAYBE due to the scalloped cap) clone of the GC .84P, called the S9. This said, I wasn't much a fan of the Lupo, but the .95 OC is very much to my liking.

I would love a GC .95 DC with OC and SB! But well, my eclectic wishes are likely to remain dreams. Timeless offers dual combs, though. Someone mentioned the Timeless .95, this one is very nice, too, but for Timeless my love goes to the Slim OC, which is for sure not for everyone. But it is the razor I use to clean up when another razor didn't quite do it.

Yaqi has a .90 with mixed OC/SB: It looks like a Lupo, but is actually based on Game Changer specs. Not sure if they have a 105.
Image_20221022171730.jpg
@WVShaver , DS has a V95, GC inspired.
Image_20221022171737.jpg

The GC 68 SB is my favorite DE for daily driving. I put an Elite Razor handle on it so now it’s also quite good looking. Very nimble and shaves under my nose better than anything except the Twig SE. I have the 68 OC plate as well and use that when I have more than 2 days growth. Haven’t tried that many razors, but prefer it to my Charcoal Goods Every Day, Tech, SuperSpeed, Henson and 34c.

I will get the 84 plate some day.

In my rotation. I have both the .84 and .68, but mostly use the .84

Others in my rotation include the Rockwell 6S (4 plate mostly), the CB Karve (B or C plate), Merkur 34C, Chiseled Face Legacy Ti, and Henson AL Mild for those days that I'm in a hurry.
Not intending to thread hijack here but let me single you out for a question about the RR 0.68.

Having tried many razors including DE89, Tech, ASD2, Progress, Futur, Fatip, slant, GEM, injector, etc. I've decided that my "benchmark" is the Merkur 34 -- best combo, for me, of efficiency, comfort, handling, etc. The only drawback is it is Zamak, so I've been starting to wonder if there exists a "lux" version of the 34, essentially a SS or titanium that performs the same.

From just looking at specs and photos, the RR 0.68 with the proper handle seems like it may be very close to the 34. What do you think?

Having begun my wet shaving apprenticeship only 7 months ago, I did most of my DE novice learning on The Winning Razor and the GC .68 (having also bought the .84 plate in the GC purchase). Now, I can credit the GC .84 plate with exploring more aggressive setups to test whether my technique was adequately developed. Lo and behold, getting BBS or thereabouts with the .84!

The GC setup, for me, has been an extraordinary learning tool!

Thanks for the tips on DS razors, I’ll check them out since I’d still like to buy some Yaqi 89 heads as well from that Ali site.

My only issue is a lot of “clone” heads feel a bit different to me like with the 89 series which is one of my favorites. A couple of the clones didn’t shave like the 89 at all and a couple were close. Either way I imagine it’ll be a good razor.

Tm3, I didn’t like the 34c, or 23c since they felt a bit draggy to me but for what it’s worth I think you should try the GC 68p it’s right in that alley and is the best design I’ve found so far although I prefer 84p. This razor seems to be universally liked/loved so I don’t think you will be disappointed. And you may even like the 84p since it’s not overly aggressive like some razors.

RR GC .68-P is my latest razor purchase, and I'm really liking it, although I've only had a couple shaves with it so far. Very comfortable and close with no nicks or razor burns. Only one or two stragglers left behind. I'm contemplating getting the .84 base plate but I'm not sure I could do much better with it. I have a mild, patchy beard and shave every other day. Someone please talk me out of buying the .84 base plate. 😉

Ok, here goes:

I had the 68P and 84P and sold the 84P once I discovered that the 68P was everything I needed.*

I also have a 68OC that doesn't get used but I keep on hand for the next time I need to mow down a week-old beard.

(Did that work? 🙂)

* I prefer mild razors.

I am bringing my back in and also the Wolfman has kinda taken lead again ? also the Timeless OC in 68 is unique
BUT for the money the GC hands down is best bang for buck
as far as gap prefer the 84 but the 68 is insane comfy if you are Ok with not quite as efficient
if forced to only have ONE it would be the 84 but I am not so both !!! for the price buy both anyone on the fence :)

I am thinking even if I end up with the Wolfman as my main I am going to hold onto the GC with both gaps for my 13yr old when he starts to need one :) cause that 68 for a first kids razor IMHO would be a great starting point

I can also say the Timeless Ti handle IMHO transforms it into a whole other razor :)
IMG_6284.jpeg

Not intending to thread hijack here but let me single you out for a question about the RR 0.68.

Having tried many razors including DE89, Tech, ASD2, Progress, Futur, Fatip, slant, GEM, injector, etc. I've decided that my "benchmark" is the Merkur 34 -- best combo, for me, of efficiency, comfort, handling, etc. The only drawback is it is Zamak, so I've been starting to wonder if there exists a "lux" version of the 34, essentially a SS or titanium that performs the same.

From just looking at specs and photos, the RR 0.68 with the proper handle seems like it may be very close to the 34. What do you think?
I had a 34c and gave it to a friend wanting to get into shaving

cant remember exactly how it compares but I know I got rid of my 34c and did some comparison a while ago when I got the GC and no where close as nice as the GC but YMMV :)

just get the GC IMHO the build quality and SS its a true lifetime razor not a Zamak as you mentioned its just one of those in your hand feels good on the face feels good
also the plates are great since you can easily have two razors for a few bucks more !

Top Bottom