What's new

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

Razorock Game Changer still in use?

• Total voters
My first safety razor was the Gamechanger 84P which is amazing. I got curious and bought the Lupo 58, 72 and 95 and the Lupo 58 and 95 are keepers, the 72 causes some irritation. Also have the Gamechanger 84OC and find it no better than the Gamechange 84P so will probably sell that at some point along with the Lupo 72.

I REALLY would love if RazoRock released a Gamechanger 100.

You could put one shim between the blade and the plate on your Gamechanger 84P and that would make it about a 94 or two shims would make it a 104.

I also have the Gamechanger 84P and the Lupo 72 and 95. So far I haven't really gotten that excited over them. I mean I love the high quality and fit/finish and the price - that's pretty much hard to beat - but I almost always reach for a different razor. I bet if I spent some time with them I would learn to love them. But I generally reach for either my R41 or my 'merica and find that I can get a closer shave with fewer passes.

@AndyPanda ...wow! My opinion is the exact opposite to yours. I always reach for my GC 84-P or Lupo .95 SB. Of course those are my two favorite razors. I do also have the GC 68-P, but it doesn't get much use these days.

b/r

ON_1
My beard and skin is probably different. Coarse, wire-like beard. I need Feathers and Nacet plus lots of beard prep -- cold water works best for some reason. Goofy.

Nothing wrong with the RR --- I love them, I just haven't got the knack down and have to go over the trouble spots with extra passes and get irritation. I get less irritation with a lot of scary blade feel so the edge is obviously right on my skin and use no pressure at all to glide the edge right at skin level. I should probably take up straight razor shaving!

@AndyPanda ...no doubt. It's why making generalized statements about any razor/blade combo difficult. I've said it before, everybody's face, skin and beard are different. The only way to determine if a razor and blade combo are for you, is blade on skin.

I got lucky, I found a couple of razors that work great for me. The Lupo .95 SB is not a daily driver for me. At least not, yet. But, it is "Aggressive", "Efficient" and comfortable for my beard and skin type.

Aren’t we lucky to have so many options?

b/r

ON_1

I just completed a month using the Lupo .95 SB with a Dorco Titan blade in the FFFMM Challenge. This morning I had a shave with the GC .84 SB using, admittedly, a sharper blade, the Bic CP. Wow, what a great shave. Super smooth. Not quite as efficient as the Lupo but the smoothness made the shave spectacular. Pure speculation, but I think the SB's extra length on the GC is what makes the shave so easy. The extra length makes getting the SB square to the face more automatic. The Lupo requires a bit more care.

I haven't shaved with my GC .84 sb or my Lupo .95 sb for a while now, but to be honest they shave just as good if not better than any of my more expensive razors like Wolfman WR2, Charcoal Goods, Blackbird etc. Both are very well balanced in terms of efficiency and smoothness and both can be used at a very steep angle, which is a plus for me. Phenomenal razors at a phenomenal price.

I am very pleased I got the GC as my first serious razor. Excellent shaves, build quality, and value for money. No regrets at all. Highly recommend them.

Only issue I have with it is the handle I chose, the Super Knurl. It does the job, and the knurling and grip is as good as it gets (I do love good knurling on a hand tool 🙂). But it is too heavy and unbalanced for me, and I also prefer a longer handle for my large palms. More on the GC and handles later.

You might want to contact this gentleman. He can put that "SuperKnurl" on a diet.

b/r

ON_1
Thanks. I am in Australia though. A visit to my local machine shop for some drilling out is already on the list. Have ordered some different cheap handles from AliExpress to try to guesstimate the amount to remove.

@Bobovata ...Australia is kind of far. But any good Machinist should be able to drill it out. I think 35gr for me is about right. But, I'm sure a good Machinist can get it lower.

b/r

ON_1

I have the same concern about the RR handles for the GC. I don't care for the weight. I think the Timeless titanium is too expensive to substitute but it's got the weight and length that might work so I might spring for it after all.

@rsp1202 ...I have "Super Knurl", 13 mm x 90 mm, ~2.9 oz weight and "Barber Pole", 12 mm x 85 mm (Approx. 14 mm Butt End), ~2.6 oz weight. The "S-K" is heavy, but I still use it as-is. Of the two handles, my current favorite is the "Barber Pole". Its a little lighter and shorter. I consider it more 'nimble'.

Edit: You do know RazoRock also offers a Ti handle?

b/r

ON_1

Top Bottom