What's new

Razorock Eco

For those of you who know me, I am a loyal Schick Type G user. And it is going to be a tough act to follow because I think the Type G is the closest thing to shaving perfection.

Having said that I decided to order an Eco and give it a whirl. It comes with 100 Crown blades. I have not used Crown blades before. I cant decide if I should start out with a blade I use frequently like GSB or 7 o'clock greens or start with a Crown or maybe a stiffer blade like a Feather. I dont want my first shave with the Eco to be with an unfamiliar blade.
For those of you who ordered an Eco have you decided on which blade you will start with?

Having said that I decided to order an Eco and give it a whirl. It comes with 100 Crown blades. I have not used Crown blades before. I cant decide if I should start out with a blade I use frequently like GSB or 7 o'clock greens or start with a Crown or maybe a stiffer blade like a Feather. I dont want my first shave with the Eco to be with an unfamiliar blade.
For those of you who ordered an Eco have you decided on which blade you will start with?

I would definitely start with a blade you are familiar with. That way you have less variables.

I've only seen the photos, but the head actually looks bigger to me than a regular DE.
proxy.php
The ECO head is the same width as all DE razors that cover the side tabs - a fad I just don’t understand. Covered side tabs are a solution looking for a problem ;-)

When compared to a “normal” DE that leaves the side tabs exposed, the ECO head is indeed wider.

The ECO head is the same width as all DE razors that cover the side tabs - a fad I just don’t understand. Covered side tabs are a solution looking for a problem ;-)

When compared to a “normal” DE that leaves the side tabs exposed, the ECO head is indeed wider.
Sorry, I guess I meant depth, not width. the distance from edge to edge of the blade, not end to end. From the edge of the blade to the back of the head of the Eco doesn't appear to be any smaller than from edge to edge of a DE head.

I just noticed in the stock photo of the Eco that side tabs are covered. Not sure if that's good or not. I've never had a DE with covered side tabs.

I was basing off of the post I quoted, probably being presumptive but I needed to talk myself out of a $60+ order [emoji23]

I know what you mean. This hobby is bad like that. Anything new and different is very tempting to try. I'm fighting off the urge myself.

Sorry, I guess I meant depth, not width. the distance from edge to edge of the blade, not end to end. From the edge of the blade to the back of the head of the Eco doesn't appear to be any smaller than from edge to edge of a DE head.
Gotcha. Now I see what you mean. I certainly looks like the front to back dimension is a bit wide, but not much more than a standard GEM type SE razor.

My ECO came in today.
Ready to shave tomorrow with an astra SP. I will let you know how it shaves. Sure does look cool.

First shave with the Razorock Eco and first day with Crown blade. Overall the razor is medium aggressive. Its comfortable in the hand. It doesnt have that timeless style of a Schick injector, but it is a good razor. As with anything new, it will take a few shaves to really learn the ins and outs of the tool. Difficult to assess the blade after only one shave. Overall a great shave.

First shave with the Razorock Eco and first day with Crown blade. Overall the razor is medium aggressive. Its comfortable in the hand. It doesnt have that timeless style of a Schick injector, but it is a good razor. As with anything new, it will take a few shaves to really learn the ins and outs of the tool. Difficult to assess the blade after only one shave. Overall a great shave.
Thanks for the review. This is getting me interested in the Eco.

Wow, I didn't expect medium aggressive. The description on their website, etc had me (and others?) thinking it would be quite mild and geared towards brand new traditional shavers. Sounds like it's probably even more aggressive than their new lupo?

Definitely not for me, but it's good they went a different direction in aggression. [emoji106]

As much as I’d like one, for some reason Joe has stated multiple times it would not be worth it for RR to produce a razor that uses injector blades. Not sure why.

+1

I fail to see how an injector wouldn't have more demand than something that uses DE blades cut in half. I'd be down if they made a super aggressive injector. I think a lot of people would.

For those of you who know me, I am a loyal Schick Type G user. And it is going to be a tough act to follow because I think the Type G is the closest thing to shaving perfection.

How does the Type G compare to type E in aggression?

The E and G shave almost the same, but I think the E feels slightly more aggressive to me. I recently sold my G and kept the E as I like it better.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
How aggressive is the E to something like a Muhle R41 or Fattip slant?
The E type are one of the best injectors Schick manufactured, they are a mid range for aggression & efficiency maybe on the higher part of the mid range scale but nothing drastic. They will bite if you are a little to care free type of shaver, I really enjoy my E2 Canadian variant. A Schick E type is must for any person who likes mid range perfection and for beard profiling it is hard to beat any Schick period.
I bought a old beat up E2 out of a Antique store and made it work the way I wanted it with the spring that swivels to the left.(Who ever owned it prior was attempting to clean it and bent the spring and neglected it, with a little tender loving care, WAH-LA & now my E2 has a second life of use.)
FullSizeRender[137201].jpg
Schick swivel 2.jpg
Schick swivel1.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom