What's new

Razorock Eco

M

Member 113878

This is shown at the bottom of IB's ECO page.
Here's the URL of the video:

Awesome.

Also it'll be available in green gold, black, and blue. A little different than the previous two releases.

Hmmmmm. After reading these comments I am beginning to wonder if ithe Eco is worth it. If I put a full blade in my DE and just use one side, then I am accomplishing the same thing. And then when that side is dull I could turn the razor and use the other side until its dull.. Just saved $30 plus shipping and I dont have to worry about splitting blades.

Hmmmmm. After reading these comments I am beginning to wonder if ithe Eco is worth it. If I put a full blade in my DE and just use one side, then I am accomplishing the same thing. And then when that side is dull I could turn the razor and use the other side until its dull.. Just saved $30 plus shipping and I dont have to worry about splitting blades.
Well that's another point...

If your constantly flipping your razor around between rinses, and let's say you get 6 or 8 shaves per blade. With all of the wear being on one side, your probably changing this half blade razor every 3 or 4 shaves? That's more work, too.

Is it wider? Looks to be a bit slimmer, but then again I dont have one in hand to compare it to.
I've only seen the photos, but the head actually looks bigger to me than a regular DE.
proxy.php

M

Member 113878

Just ordered one anyway (earlier this afternoon).
Will see...

Unfortunately, I was being serious. I really would have likely taken it out of the waxed paper first.
I agree with you!! I do not have the Eco but have the Leaf razor that also use half blades. What I do is take it out of the wrapper and use some old scissors and just cut at the both ends there. Yes breaking them in half with the hands work but what I saw when doing that was that the blades were wiggeling a little around in there, even with the wax spots to hold them in place. The wax spots are there so they are not wiggely wiggely against paper so they A) do not wiggle out while shipping B) Maybe more important to us, loose sharpness by rubbing against the paper. You are taking it out anyhow, why break it in there and open a very tiny envelope with 2 razor bits floating inside when you can just take it out like a normal DE shave and cut it with scissors? Just flip it around in one hand or change hands while you cut and you have two edges/shards ready for the Eco. YMMV :)

Almost ordered one (actually had it in the cart) until I read this, I don't need another mild razor

I don't understand. Why would it be mild? I'm guessing the design is derivative of the Hawk V2, which is fairly aggressive.

I think it will be great. I would buy it right now, but I'm $30 short of free shipping right now since I don't need anything else.

Top Bottom