What's new

Razorock BBS vs Game changer what's the difference?

I've considered the RR "Lupo .72", but having both the RR GC 68-P and the GC 84-P, the .72 Lupo would seem to be redundant.

The RR "Lupo .95" is psychologically too big a gap for me. C'est la vie.

b/r

ON_1
It’s Not redundant at all as I had all Gamechangers and Lupos in the past. From my experience, Lupos generally shave a little closer than the Gamechanger and with the added benefit of more comfort. You may just end up liking the Lupo more. Only one way to find out. Ymmv

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've never tried a Game Changer but I have heard good things about them here. I did have a Lupo for a while... the 72OC and SB, and the 95OC and SB base plates. I shaved with the 72OC and SB base plates. I had excellent shaves with them both. I know quite a few people here who love the 95SB and OC base plates too.

The note I'd add for @SimpleClean : This is anecdotal, to be sure, but I see more Game Changers and Lupos here than the BBS. That doesn't mean the BBS won't work for you but I see posts, often including photos, of the other two RazoRock models. RazoRock razors tend to punch above their weight class. They might be the least expensive, best designed and constructed stainless steel offerings currently available. I could be missing some razors out there that meet all those criteria. Others can chime in to provide other choices. The only reason I sold mine is I'm funding another razor that is quite expensive.

Out of curiosity, why did you buy two Game Changers?
I have two threads on my journy.

However, to make the proverbial long story short. My cheap-o Butterfly razor of 9 years needed to be replaced. I ended up purchasing a Merkur 23C. Eventhough, I was always looking for an 'affordable' stainless razor, but the closest I could get was the Feather AS-D2 and it was too expensive, for me.

Then I discovered RazorRock-don't know how I missed them? I began to research the product and ended up purchasing a RR GC 68-P.

Started a Thread about my experience. Many of those that responded suggested I try the RR GC 84-P. I did, and discovered both razors work really well for me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

b/r

ON_1

Last edited:
@SimpleClean ...here are my threads.

b/r

ON_1

I have both the GC .68 and .84 open comb. And the Lupo .72.
GC .68 not used after getting Lupo .72 so ordered the .84 open comb. Like both razors both shave great. I alternate weeks shaving with each. Only two razors I use.
I did polish both razors with a cape cod jewelry cloth. Really only polishing top cap and a little on the safety bar, can't see how that would affect tolerances.

Attachments

• 20230108_180703.jpg
    20230108_180703.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 12
Well maybe the BBS is underated, it doesn't get any attention but even if I don't reach for my BBS OC often I am always pleased by it. I have the Game changer 68p, 68 jaws, 84p, 84 jaws and a X2 clone of the 68 oc and would say the BBS OC is mapped correctly on razorocks scale as about 68p....

@SimpleClean ...here are my threads.

b/r

ON_1
I've read the entirety of both threads, thank you for penning such a fun journey!

Like you, I'm not a collector and I'm trying really hard to avoid buying more than one razor. I'm seriously interested in the Game Changer 0.68 and BBS (with unwelcome thoughts of the GC 0.84 and Lupo), and undecided between the OC/SB. I also really like the aesthetics of the HD, Super Knurl, Bull Dog, and Barber Poll handles. Mama Mia!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've read the entirety of both threads, thank you for penning such a fun journey!

Like you, I'm not a collector and I'm trying really hard to avoid buying more than one razor. I'm seriously interested in the Game Changer 0.68 and BBS (with unwelcome thoughts of the GC 0.84 and Lupo), and undecided between the OC/SB. I also really like the aesthetics of the HD, Super Knurl, Bull Dog, and Barber Poll handles. Mama Mia!
I think you are doing the right thing: slowing down just a bit and doing a lot of reading. That's about the only way to reduce the risks of buying something we'll end up not liking. In the end, as you already know, you won't know for sure until you've tried a razor for yourself.

I can tell you what I did. It took a while... but I ended up finding a couple people here who had the same needs I did, had similar whiskers and liked the same face feel as I did. I was able to follow their razor selections and I've had great experiences using the razors they recommended. There are so many great people where who have extensive knowledge.

Top Bottom