What's new

Game Changer 76 Base Plates Available!

Game Changer 76 base plates appear to be available at Italian Barber. It seems odd that the complete razor remains out of stock.

I was sure to make this post promptly after securing a base plate for myself...

1706056991721.png

I had some money set aside for this. I snagged a plate, a second top cap (I already have a full GC 84 razor w/ a super knurl handle), and a ti timeless crown handle to go with it - there's a very exciting mail call in my future!

I did get an email from Italian Barber on Jan 22nd, announcing the .76 baseplate was back in stock. I ordered it immediately. I missed the last 2 times it was in stock, and thought they would have it prior to the holidays, but that never happened. It arrived yesterday Jan 30th, and I plan to shave with it tonight. I have the .68 and .84 plates. The .68 is too mild for me, and the .84 is a tad too aggressive for me. I look forward to seeing reviews from others, as to how the .76 plate works out in comparison to the other 2 plates. I am hoping it is the sweet spot for the GC. I just checked the site, and it still can be added to the shopping cart.

I did get an email from Italian Barber on Jan 22nd, announcing the .76 baseplate was back in stock. I ordered it immediately. I missed the last 2 times it was in stock, and thought they would have it prior to the holidays, but that never happened. It arrived yesterday Jan 30th, and I plan to shave with it tonight. I have the .68 and .84 plates. The .68 is too mild for me, and the .84 is a tad too aggressive for me. I look forward to seeing reviews from others, as to how the .76 plate works out in comparison to the other 2 plates. I am hoping it is the sweet spot for the GC. I just checked the site, and it still can be added to the shopping cart.
Was in the same boat. The 76 definitely lacks the slightly too aggressive bite the 84 had to make it a good daily but makes up for the lack of assertiveness the 68 had getting a close shave. If anyone were to get one head this is probably it. If I was to dump one head out of the three the 68 would be it, so expect that on BST soon. The 84 I’ll think about.

Its still not the smoothest razor I own so I’m on the fence about that but at least it’s not worth completely dumping now.

Like you, the .84 was a little harsh for me, and the .68 took extra passes to get as good a shave as my go-to, a Merkur Progress. After 4 or 5 days of daily shaving, the .76 seems to be just what the doctor ordered as far as a 3-piece razor goes. This is the first non-adjustable razor that has worked well for me. If the .76 causes a little irritation as a daily shaver, I plan to simply substitute the .68 for a couple of days. Please post your view after a few shaves.

I should be getting mine tomorrow. I have the 1.05 which is very efficient but not for every day.
I am finding that too. I shave every 2 days most of the time, and I really like the shave the 1.05 gives. But even on a 2 day cycle it starts to leave its mark eventually. Currently back on the .84 for a bit, give the face a rest.

Top Bottom