What's new

Razor Pouches (or maybe... am I getting RPAD?)

Since my relatively recent journey back to vintage Gillettes, I’ve become interested in (and have started a mini collection of) DE Razor Pouches.

My first was a Fine Travel Case which came with my (now discontinued) “Worlds Finest Safety Razor.”
WFSR-3_2020-10-29.jpg

I like the pouch a lot, but ain’t too keen on the squint elasticated straps.

I recently purchased two more. I expected the elasticated straps to be square (like the pics on the Fine website). Unfortunately they were just as squint as the ones in my first Fine pouch… and additionally the new snap buttons are a PITA to close.

Other than that they are just “fine.” It’s a hard life being a perfectionist (which most people ain’t). :001_rolle

My latest pouch landed today:
DSC-Leather_2022-06-04.jpg

It’s a DSCosmetics Leather Pouch, and very nice too.

The Fine Pouch beats it, as you can slot a small shaving mirror in:
Fine_2022-06-04.jpg

Whereas with the DSCosmetics Pouch there’s no place for a mirror:
DSC-Leather+Mirror_2022-06-04.jpg

The DSCosmetics Pouch is also a bit bigger than it really needs to be:
DSC+Fine-size-comparison_2022-06-04.jpg

SUMMARY
The Fine Pouch wins, but the DSCosmetics Pouch looks (and feels) nicer.

OTHER POUCHES
I had a look at Razor Emporium’s effort:
RazorEmporium-pouch_2022-06-04.jpg

But wasn’t impressed by the way the stitching was left in mid-air.

I was impressed that a mirror was supplied, but not so impressed by the non-elasticated straps:
RazorEmporium-pouch-incl-mirror-etc_2022-06-04.jpg

I couldn’t find out what their mirror was made of, or its dimensions, anywhere.

(My mirrors are 304 stainless steel, 50mm x 75mm x 1.5mm.)

Congratulations if you’ve read this far! :cornut:

Any comments, razor pouches you have and like, pics, thread derailings (hello @FarmerTan :lol1:), etc, are welcome. :thumbup1:

So...you're part kangaroo? I mean the "pouch" thing and all. I'd go with the "great shave" thing first. There's always pouches etc out there.

I have these two -

This one from Amazon although I paid much less than the $30 shown today.

And recently purchased this very nice one when I bought a Yates razor during their 15% off sale -

Reactions: Cal
I have these two -

This one from Amazon although I paid much less than the $30 shown today.

And recently purchased this very nice one when I bought a Yates razor during their 15% off sale -
What are your thoughts on them please, Big_T? And remember, we love pics. :001_wub:

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on them please, Big_T? And remember, we love pics. :001_wub:

The quality of the Zomchi is "just ok" in my opinion. I think I paid $18 or $19 and I would say it's worth that; no way would I give $30 for it. And I don't really care for the large "ZOMCHI" on the front. The wrap-around leather straps are kind of neat but a little fussy to deal with.

The quality of the Yates/Spaceman pouch is excellent. I would say the $60 is a little steep but I got it on sale at 15% off and I'm good with that. I really like the size and shape of it. It's smaller than I thought it would be from their pictures. Very convenient size and shape IMHO.

20220604_173023.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a couple of these inexpensive leather cases from Executive Shaving.... remember... 20% off until Sunday Midnight, London time.... they are busy, busy, busy with this sale. Code: BYE2022

in dollars: $11.24

I tend to order a few things to off set the shipping costs. Their prices are always good and they have a great selection of most everything. Executive Shaving Black Leather Universal Safety Razor Pouch - https://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/executive-shaving-black-leather-safety-razor-pouch

executive_shaving_black_leather_safety_razor_case_1.jpg

I noticed that the pictures on the Yates website show a different logo inside the pouch, so I am attaching a picture of mine which I assume is the current version since I just got it. Mine has small versions of both the Yates and the Spaceman logos. I put a Razorock Lupo in for the picture "just because".

20220604_180606.jpg

@Cal , your thread comes along at just the right time !🤓 I received my Dr. Dittmar travel pouch for safety razors yesterday morning.

100% made in Germany, there is no need to be a master tanner to realize that this piece of genuine leather is a very good quality one !
Same thing for the two zippers : they are made by the famous brand YKK. (photo 2)

The lining which separates the two compartments is very nice, as well. I don't know how to describe it in english & it is too difficult to take a photo of it since it is in black colour.

But this is a soft & elegant fabric..

- photo 3 : you can put your favourite razor with no problem, but i'm not sure that the long handle ones will do, though. The 3 pieces ones will be perfect because you can dissassemble them. But the small size 2 pieces razors & TTOs can also fit in.

- photo 4 : you even have enough space to put away you favourite brush, if it is not too big. (this is my Simpson Colonel that you can see)

- photo 5 : the small pocket can contain 3 packs of your favourite blades and maybe more if you don't put a brush in the big one.

- photo 6 & photo 7 : eveything is closed and you can see that the pouch is not too thick.

- photo 8 : the pouch can be hold in my hand so you can see that it's not too big either.

Two colours : brown or black. The black one has a different leather finish. Available on ebay.de, here & here.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Cal , your thread comes along at just the right time !🤓 I received my Dr. Dittmar travel pouch for safety razors yesterday morning.

100% made in Germany, there is no need to be a master tanner to realize that this piece of genuine leather is a very good quality one !
Same thing for the two zippers : they are made by the famous brand YKK. (photo 2)

The lining which separates the two compartments is very nice, as well. I don't know how to describe it in english & it is too difficult to take a photo of it since it is in black colour.

But this is a soft & elegant fabric..

- photo 3 : you can put your favourite razor with no problem, but i'm not sure that the long handle ones will do, though. The 3 pieces ones will be perfect because you can dissassemble them. But the small size 2 pieces razors & TTOs can also fit in.

- photo 4 : you even have enough space to put away you favourite brush, if it is not too big. (this is my Simpson Colonel that you can see)

- photo 5 : the small pocket can contain 3 packs of your favourite blades and maybe more if you don't put a brush in the big one.

- photo 6 & photo 7 : eveything is closed and you can see that the pouch is not too thick.

- photo 8 : the pouch can be hold in my hand so you can see that it's not too big either.

Two colours : brown or black. The black one has a different leather finish. Available on ebay.de, here & here.

View attachment 1468029View attachment 1468031View attachment 1468033View attachment 1468034View attachment 1468036View attachment 1468037View attachment 1468038View attachment 1468039
That is an impressive case my friend! Congrats.

IMHO, the Spearhead version of the retro Gillette fold-over ends is the highest quality version of that type of case.
The Fine version would be my next choice, since it works and is reasonably priced. Fine is not the quality of Spearhead.
I purchased the Razor Emporium version (which includes a mirror), but when you load a razor into it...the snaps do not line up and it will not close!! Waste of money, since it does not work with any of my 3 piece razors (including a Tech).
Most of my razors are in the Razorock zippered leather and canvas pouches, since they are fairly high quality, durable, and are a steal when on sale ($7.99). Most of my vintage razors are in their original metal or plastic cases. I prefer closed cases to protect my razors.

Reactions: Cal
Top Bottom