What's new

R41 and Blackbird

I was wondering how the R41 stacked up to the Blackbird. If you liked one of these razors, did you take to the other? Is one more forgiving than the other?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Both good razors, but I definitely prefer the Blackbird. The Blackbird shave is more refined and smooth while being as close (or closer) than the R41.

YMMV :)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Both are wonderfully efficient, with a healthy amount of blade exposure/feel. The BB is much more forgiving of mental lapses. Both thrive on a steep angle with a very sharp blade.

I'm an oddball of the group. I find the Blackbird quite smooth, but more aggressive than the R41. I can almost mindlessly shave with the R41, but have to take care with the Blackbird. The efficiency of both are super. Both are really comfortable to use. I've been using aggressive razor for a while now, and ended up trading for the R41. I went into my first shave with it with a respect almost verging on fear based on all I read about it. But for me, the fear was unfounded as I found it really smooth.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The R41 will let you know when you haven’t hydrated your whiskers enough, when your angle is off, and when your blade is spent. If it doesn’t tell you those things, you get a long-lasting, close shave (I hear people with a light touch don’t get the irritation I got…).

Haven‘t used a Blackland anything, but like the looks of every razor they sell - especially the Dart.

I have both. I use the Blackbird almost exclusively. Much smoother and far less irritation compared to R41. The Blackbird can be a daily user. The R41 would only be used to mow down several days of growth. For me the Blackbird wins hands down.

Top Bottom