What's new

Question About Reusing Montblanc Shoe Bottle

I have an old Montblanc ink bottle that I'd like to dispense some ink into. The problem is that the plastic (or is it paper) cap seal is missing. Do I need to replace that in oder to ensure the cap will seal properly? If so, what could I use?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My guess is it's useful, but not essential, at least for non-long-term storage. Of course, you could always take a cap liner out of another cap of similar size (if not identical size, larger and trim it down. I suspect there is more standardisation in cap size than you may expect, and a suitable replacement is probably not too hard to find.)

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've made one out of a styrofoam cup (when they were still legal in my area) for a Sheaffer's bottle but Ian's suggestion sounds better.

Those Montblancs are classy bottles.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
There's a high probability that there is a replacement inside the cap of the ink you plan on putting into the MB shoe. Sheaffer, MB, Akkerman and some Parker bottles really were designed to make filling easy.

It´s a little bit late, but maybe it helps others.
You could use a flat rubber ring or cut out a piece of rubber and fit it in. It should seal the bottle perfectly.

Top Bottom