What's new

Favorite Ink Bottle - By Ink Manufacturer

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I just found the bottle that rises on a slant. It is Caran d'Ache. Beautiful bottle
Tom:
proxy.php
Hey Dude...can you send a few pics
proxy.php

Ink Bottle.jpg "I [refill] my pen [with] the blackest ink, because I'm not afraid of falling into my ink [bottle]". Ralph Waldo Emerson

FYI most of the empties are back in stock at Goulet. I was beginning to wonder if they'd ever have empty Iroshizuku bottles again but I finally got one last night

Yes, those Iroshizuku bottles are a simply-shaped but elegant chunk of glass - aesthetically one of my favorites, too. Even the bottle of the modestly-priced Namiki inks is an aesthetic fave of mine. It is a much flattened spheroidal shape from which it is really easy to get most of the ink. It has a little plastic tilt-fill ink reservoir, similar to that found in the old Parker Penman bottles. Perhaps the best part of the Namiki bottle is the ink inside -- one of the very best no-nonsense true blues, and a very water resistant one, too.

tempImage9wT78u.jpg

My favorite ink bottles. None of them are particular practical to get the last drop of ink out of them, but their design is quite nice.

From left to right:
Ostrich Tianjin Museum #903, a nice blue black shade. The bottle is a reproduction of Ostrich's first ink bottles from 1935.
Kobe Ink - Hankyu Maroon, a limited edition ink replicating the color of a limited service express train from Osaka to Kobe.
Sailor Manyo Ink - Akebi - lovely ink in a simplistic block of glass.

Top Bottom