What's new

Problems using B&B on iPhone/Safari

Has anyone had problems using B&B on iPhone/Safari? It will be fine for awhile -- sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 20, but then I will be scrolling, and the part of the page I scroll to becomes all grey. You can't hit the back button -- Safari just keeps spinning its wheels. The only solution is to shut down the browser and start anew. I don't have this problem with any other website.

You can't update Safari independently, but I just updated my iPhone a few weeks ago, and it didn't fix the issue.

Thanks

Thanks, but that post is 10 years old.

😀
But I had tried clearing my history/cache. Didn't work.
Anyway,when I post here, I use my laptop. I only read B&B on my iPhone. I can always just install a different browser on my iPhone, I guess.

The issue is just not consistent. And as I said, I just read, and the length of time it works varies.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Do you have your IP address hidden on Safari? I have found it messes my access up once in a while.

Do you have your IP address hidden on Safari? I have found it messes my access up once in a while.
I don't believe so. The other night I was on B&B on my phone for at least an hour with no problems. Last night, I hit the problem once or twice. It's not consistent, but it never happens when I'm browsing another site other than B&B.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't use my iPhone for B&B all that often but I haven't had any such issues when I have. You could always try google chrome on your iPhone as well.

And in case it matters, I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max... so not the latest. But I do keep the software up to date.

I've done some more testing. The issue only happens if you click on a link to a post on B&B via a google search. If you go directly to www.badgerandblade.com, the issue never happens.
It doesn't always happen when you click on a search result from google. When it does, it happens right away -- the page doesn't load fully. If that first page fully loads, however, it is smooth sailing.

Again, I click links from google searches for many sites, and this does not happen.

Has anyone tried this on an iPhone with Safari?: click on a B&B thread link from a Google search.

I'm finding now that the issue happens the majority of the time, and is easy to reproduce. If you then shut down Safari, restart it, go to history, and click on the last entry, it brings you right to the thread that just made it crash, and it works fine then.

Top Bottom