What's new

Why so slow?

I was in a SOTD thread and clicked “next page” and got this.
0CF88CAA-5837-4B11-9700-7F7043B35C56.jpg

The latency and errors appear most frequently for me in the AM on the US East coast. Performance on my iPad is particularly bad and trying to type anything can cause latency of 5 seconds or more for even one letter. Other times there are no issues.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks guys.
If you are able to remember the page you were on and where you were going to, that's additional help worth having!

The website (for me) is significantly slower than it used to be, with pictures taking 3-5 seconds to start loading. I guess website bandwidth and storage costs money, so i'm now hosting my images externally and linking here instead.

But it still feels like its 1999 with a 56k dial-up modem rather than the 100+/50 connection i'm on. The result is I don't even browse threads with lots of images unless I have a lot of time on my hands, as it takes way too long to get the images up.

The additional 3rd party java scripts/plugins don't help matters either, my ublock filter is giving me a lot of red flags I dont get from TSN and DFS forums...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Anectdotal testimony is welcomed, and makes folks feel better - but details on what is happening and when is our best bet for tracking the issues down and eliminating them, so keep dropping those screen shots!

Tonight, with boring monotony, I'm getting error pages (on my PC).

This is happening whenever I click to go somewhere else.

Instead of opening up a new tab I've started just clicking the browser "back button" (which takes me to where I was) then clicking to go where l want to again... and BINGO! It works. It ain't ideal of course, but it saves a few seconds.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
V e r y
s l o w
t o d a y

Screenshot_20211103-231029.jpg

That was on the fourth attempt of loading page two of this thread. The previous three attempts I cancelled and restarted after they didn't load within 15 seconds. I had to do the same cancel and restart twice when I clicked "next" to get to this page. No errors, just tedious hang ups.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
V e r y
s l o w
t o d a y

View attachment 1357102

That was on the fourth attempt of loading page two of this thread. The previous three attempts I cancelled and restarted after they didn't load within 15 seconds. I had to do the same cancel and restart twice when I clicked "next" to get to this page. No errors, just tedious hang ups.
@Nick Thanks, appreciate the good info.

Thanks everyone, all of these have been reported. Please keep them coming. Again, if you could include the full URL of where you've received the error, that's crucial. Apologies everyone, we'll get this squared away soon.

I’m not receiving the cloudflare errors like in the past but I’m constantly getting a browser message about the page being reloaded because of an error. This is most prevalent on long and picture dense threads. The same issues or the latency in tendering and the page loading.

Top Bottom