What's new

Problem with Personna Blues?

Something odd happened when shaving today. Never happened before.
I used Personna Blue in my ej89. Stirling Soap and SOS Preshave oil.
I’ve used these blades before and liked them. Always got a smooth shave, not very sharp, but dfs type.
This time it wouldn’t cut anything!
It felt like the razor was going through with no blade.
Did it in one section and switched out to Lord blades. This time, cut everything, but had some tugging, which never occurred before with Lords.

Any ideas on what went wrong?

Two thoughts:
1. Are you certain that the blade was loaded correctly?
2. If the blade was well seated, then you may have had a dud (which does happen).

Sounds like you got a dud. It happens. When you have machines cranking out thousands and thousands of blades at high speed, sometimes a bad one gets out.

Thanks for the responses.
I didn't check to see if it was seated properly. Although, that has never before, the EJ89 is a pretty easy razor to insert blades. Not much stuff can go wrong. I'll see how shaves go with the Lord, (which is one of my favorites), and then go back to a Personna Blue and try again.

I never had a problem with the Personna Lab Blues so far. They give me a decent shave as in X5-X6 shaves. The Lord blades are like a YoYo for me. Sometimes I get a good batch & sometimes I get a bad batch.

I've had a few bad blades before. Nothing to worry about. Toss it and move on. Lab Blues are great blades and cost about 12 cents each. If you get a dud every couple hundred blades or so, no big deal. They're still great blades.

I've had a few bad blades before. Nothing to worry about. Toss it and move on. Lab Blues are great blades and cost about 12 cents each. If you get a dud every couple hundred blades or so, no big deal. They're still great blades.
That’s what I did. After getting a lot of tugging on the Lord, decided to try another blue. Much better shave. Probably had a bad blade. I do find the Lab Blue to be very mild in my razor, EJ89. Probably different results in different razors.

Top Bottom