What's new

Previous Aftershaves of the Week

I was intrigued by this scent combination the first time I read about it. I sent him an email, but I'm probably too late. Regardless of whether I get in on the free samples, that's a mighty kind thing for him to do.

I got in on the free sample and couldn't be more excited. ASB is the one thing that I haven't ventured out into much since switching to DE. I just use Nivea ASB and then follow that up with some KMF lotion, and this is a great combo but I have been wanting to try some other stuff.
This was a very generous and kind offer and I will now have to do some shopping at shaving essentials.

Thanks,
J.

This is simply a superb aftershave, i would not hesitate to recommend this fine product. I find the scent to be quite complicated but very masculine and reasonably long lasting. I found it to be moisturising leaving my skin toned and invigorated. Quite simply a superb aftershave, one which i love and save for special occasions. Get it, you will not be dissapointed :smile:.

Sold... I have wanted to try this stuff for some time. I think I am going to have to splurge.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Thanks David for this awesome review of this product. By the way, you have the distinction of having reviewed the very first "balm" in the aftershave of the week. Prior to this it had been all splashes. Great job and thanks for contributing to the Aftershave of the Week.

Also, thanks to John at Shavingessentials for offering up some free samples of the Wesley & Scott products.

This is hands down the best balm i have ever used. the absorbtion rate is incredible, leaving the skin only moisterized ...not oily ...not tacky ...no unpleasent residue.

i don't use a balm everyday, but it when i do it's after a few minutes after an AS splash or when im home for the evening, the menthol in the potion is perfect for each occasion.

id be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the "lightly mentholated" scent, what's it like??

I don't think it contains menthol but has quite a number of elements in its makeup. There is something in this aftershave that my skin likes but it also has a strong uplifting effect on my general mood, i like this aftershave :biggrin:.

This stuff is fantastic. I got a sample a couple of months back. It smells great going on with the clove being the first scent that hits your nose. It then settles into the peppermint. The best part is the minty tingle on the face as it goes to work. This stuff is a keeper and a scent that the wife likes.

Just got this from SE and I have to echo everything that's been said. This stuff smells so good that I couldn't stop opening the bottle and sniffing it last night. Used it this morning. Nice little tingle, very moisturizing.
Overall, these are a great line of ASB.

Thanks, John!
-M

how many samples were mailed out? id like to know what peoples first impression is. i could see where there might be a distaste for some folks with the touch of menthol. but, im really curious to know if there is ANY better asb available... even considering the price point.

id be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the "lightly mentholated" scent, what's it like??

I received my free sample of "lightly mentholated" on Tuesday. This is a wonderful balm, very moisturizing and not greasy at all. I haven't really noticed an overpowering scent, though (which I appreciate). I happen to have just placed an order to John over the weekend and I was able to get the sample shipped with my order. I received several other samples, all of which I am excited to try! Thanks, John!

John included a sample of this in an order I placed a few weeks ago. Absolutely fantastic stuff. Smells great, feels great, my girlfriend loves it. Can't ask for much more than that!

John @ SE also let it be known that he will be coming out with matching shaving cream and shaving soap to match the ASB he offers.

Did John ever give a time-frame when they are planning on rolling out this shaving cream? I want to get some more shaving cream and maybe try some soap and would be interested in throwing more funds his way for this Peppermint & Cloves!

Did John ever give a time-frame when they are planning on rolling out this shaving cream? I want to get some more shaving cream and maybe try some soap and would be interested in throwing more funds his way for this Peppermint & Cloves!

No time frame as far as I know. Drop him an email and ask. I'm sure he will be happy to hear about people waiting to try it.

I sent an e-mail last night after your reply, I'll update the thread with his reply.

I got ahold of John at Shaving Essentials and this is what he had to say:

john.crissman said:
I would be tweaking the creams this week but I have been waiting on some clove essential oil and can't get an ETA from my supplier.

I really hope to have something ready in about a week. Please don't hesitate to ask again!

Many thanks,
John

Cant wait to try this stuff out :)

Has anyone tries The Nivea Aftershave balm. its great.

proxy.php

Cologne/after shaves I use are CK in to u. the new one, its pretty awesome. DKNY and Hugo Boss are also up there.I also like the Basil one he does but not sure if that's around any more.

Top Bottom