What's new

Post your shave dens!

IMG_0604.JPG

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Lady's & Gents:
I'm posting this again because with the migration to our new domain...my pics, font and other issues had been deleted or otherwise changed to my Shave Den! :thumbsup:

Shave Den.jpg

Shaving signs with Vintage Razor Blades (1st Row: Don Juan, Smitty & Marlin. 2nd Row: Vibro blade [Electric Razor Corp], Scotty and Gillette), with original wrappers displayed in 8X10 Rustic Barbed-wire Picture Frame on one wall.

Sign plus Shaving Hand Towel (display only), from 'S. Jackson' (Sewell Jackson), on other wall.

upload_2017-12-5_17-44-11.jpeg

Sign on wall opposite mirror & wash basin.

upload_2017-12-5_17-45-3.jpeg

1st Row;
Small Plastic Spray Bottle filled w/ alcohol for blade & razor sterilization.
Custom Oak Shave Stand (2 Brush, 3 DE Razor and 2 Str8)...holding my B & B Boar Brushes (Gold Flake & 10th Anniversary), Cinderella str8 razor (display only...made in Germany for L. Wolfe, Detroit, MI), 'special' str8 razor (display only...made in Germany for E.F. Stephan, New Haven, CT), Gillette (W-2 = 1951), razor w/ a Durham Duplex handle (travel use), my Merkur 38C (home use), and the Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), Razor.
Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalog Ceramic Shaving Mug (Home use...to hold my VDH Scented Luxury & Arko Shave Soap [w/ a plumbers '3in Knock-out Test Cap' for a lid).
American Highway Legends die-cast Mack CJ Tractor and Trailer (1:64 scale), advertising Gillette Razor Blades.
Fiat 850 Furgonato Coriasco die-cast (1:43 scale), Delivery Van advertising Gillette Blu Razor Blades.

Shave Den - 4.JPG

2nd Row;
Vintage Pinuad Talc Can.
Vintage 8oz Pinuad Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin AS/Cologne).
Vintage 6oz Pinaud Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Clubman Reserve Brandy Spice AS/Cologne).
Vintage 8oz Pinaud Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods AS/Cologne).

3rd Row;
Vintage Burma-Shave Glass Jar w/ lid filled with Voshkod Razor Blades and a natural cork (for 'corking').
Vintage 2oz Glass Bottle of French Pinaud Brilliantine (Hair Tonic), from 1898 (display only).
B & B Shaving Mug.

Top Row;
Pelican (Louisiana's State Bird), Razor Bank.
Vintage Pinuad Talc Can.
Vintage EverReady Razor Bank.
Robert Becker (medium) Cactus Sand Scuttle (used approx 10%), w/ lid & cork stopper.

Shave Den - 2.JPG

Side View.

Shave Den - 3.JPG

Razor Blade Wrapper Frame displayed in 8X10 Rustic Barbed-wire Picture Frame w/ a vintage Mark 44-20 Genuine Russia Finish, Detroit, MI '601' Strop.

full

Custom Oak Shave Stand (2 Brush [Gold Flake & 10th Anniversary]), 3 DE Razors and 2 str8 Razors).

Shave Den - 1.JPG

Razor Blade Wrapper Frame displayed in a 8X10 Rustic Barbed-wire Picture Frame.

shave-den-11-jpg.786811
"A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]". Irish Proverb

:blush: PS Opps...I forgot to add these larger images;

shave-den-8-jpg.684535

Larger image of Vintage Razor Blades (1st Row: Don Juan, Scotty & Marlin. 2nd Row: Vibro blade [Electric Razor Corp], Smith and Gillette), with original wrappers displayed in a 8X10 Rustic Barbed-wire Picture Frame.

shave-den-9-jpg.684536

Larger Image of Vintage Pinaud Glass Bottles (Decanters).

shave-den-10-jpg.684541

Larger image of my American Highway Legends die-cast Mack CJ Tractor and Trailer (1:64 scale), advertising Gillette Razor Blades and a Fiat 850 Furgonato Coriasco die-cast (1:43 scale), Delivery Van also advertising Gillette Blu Razor Blades.

Last edited:
Very nice. Did you make that yourself? I love the simplicity of it. As well as the brushes residing in it. I was thinking of something like that for myself but with a second shelf without so many dividers to put soaps and creams. I may have to make one myself as I haven’t quite found what I’m looking for. Very nice.

My wife picked the brush shelf up at Hobby Lobby. I bought the razor rack from an Etsy vendor a few years ago. I've had aspirations of making my own from some remnants of our old playset, but my wife got tired of waiting, so she bought the brush shelf after we had our bathroom painted. I'm not sure she realizes I'm going to need another one soon...

shave-den-8-jpg.684535

Larger image of Vintage Razor Blades (1st Row: Don Juan, Scotty & Marlin. 2nd Row: Vibro blade [Electric Razor Corp], Smith and Gillette), with original wrappers displayed in a 8X10 Rustic Barbed-wire Picture Frame.

Beautiful decoration for your shave den! If you don't mind me asking, how did you mount the blades to the backboard in the frame? I've been looking to do this, and you can easily use glue or tape for the wrappers, but I'm worried the blades would get too heavy and fall loose...

Top Bottom