What's new

Post your shave dens!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
16 years ago I bought a small house with no basement. Kid moved out and can't justify moving and another mortgage ( this one is about paid off) for just me and my wife.
Ugh. I guess you two are gonna have to duke it out then! All joking aside, I get it. I have a cape cod with 3 small kids. Space is at a premium, for sure

Kindly,
Adam

Ugh. I guess you two are gonna have to duke it out then! All joking aside, I get it. I have a cape cod with 3 small kids. Space is at a premium, for sure

Kindly,
Adam

I just had a quick look at my gear and at my dresser. Not only do I have too many clothes to consolidate so I can have a free drawer, but the top of my dresser has her crap all over it too. I could ask her to move it, but I think we all know how that will go.

If I lived in a place that was warm year around I would construct a shaving space in my shed. Won't catch her dead in there.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I just had a quick look at my gear and at my dresser. Not only do I have too many clothes to consolidate so I can have a free drawer, but the top of my dresser has her crap all over it too. I could ask her to move it, but I think we all know how that will go.

If I lived in a place that was warm year around I would construct a shaving space in my shed. Won't catch her dead in there.
[emoji23] [emoji106]

I know I've posted here before, but my custom cabinet I had built by my father-in-law is just about filled up now. :blush:

$IMG_20160916_165332_018.jpg

no shave den yet still trying to figure out what to do it all...with so for now - it is on my dresser with my humidors (soap still under the sink)
$IMAG1277.jpg

My shave den is in a vanity drawer and medicine cabinet in our master bedroom that we are remodeling. This, aside from the modern Wilkinson Sword Solingen razor dispensers and Israeli Personnas, is a totally vintage shaving den from the early Super Speed period, 1947-1955, with the date range cut-off established by my birth year. It is considered by many to have been the best year of the Super Speed razor, as Gillette introduced a new Flare Tip for moderate beards, the more aggressive Red Tip, and the Blue Tip for light beard growth. Because that is my birth year, examples of al three are in the den pictured below. Looking closely is a bottle of Stanley Products Chairman After shave and next to it, a bottle of Tawny aftershave that was a boxed example. The leather Dopp kit is a period Sears J.C. Higgins one, and unused, filled with vintage travel items, focusing on Stanhome and Fuller Brush examples. Propped against the two Dopp kits are a couple of M1 rifle oilers used to lubricate the razor center rod assembly after use, found in a surplus warehouse on the island of Cyprus. The Stanhome, Fuller, and Ever-Ready shaving brushes are examples from the same era in shaving history. Inside are two razor blade banks- the Burma Shave one was offered as a mail-in coupon gimmie, and still has the lid liner in place and never used as a razor bank. At the back of the drawer is a whimsical Clemenson's of California, cast slipware blade bank that was quite popular. There is also a large bar of Lifebuoy soap- carbolic acid was a part of its ingredients, which many valued for its skin-cleansing lather for shaving. The upper portion of the medicine cabinet houses shaving soap mugs, brushes, and containers that I use- all mugs are filled with Modern Williams Mug Soap, and the lidded sugar jar was also popular for shaving. Behind the Molle jar is another unused travel kit, this time a Fuller Brush offering from the same relative period. The Veritas saucer plate came from AKA 50- the WWII attack cargo transport ship my father served on. The US Army Medical Division shaving bowl was used during the war, and gathered probably from the Central Division, General Convalescent Hospital at Camp Butner, later becoming the John Umstead psychiatric hospital where I once worked. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrownView attachment 689102View attachment 689103

Boy do I miss the Four Corners! In the Kordite container under the brown drip-glazed Roseville Pottery shaving bowl is a blue Kordite pint freezing container. Inside is a box of vintage Williams mug soap. Great stuff that Williams! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown $Early Gillette Super Speed Shaving Sundries.JPG

....and [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]Fiat 850 Furgonato Coriasco die-cast (1:43 scale), Delivery Van also advertising Gillette Blu Razor Blades.
You're killing me. I've never noticed that van before. I've seen pics of yours before, but didn't look close and assumed it was the truck. I thought my collection was complete. Now I need to find that van!

I don't have a shave den. If I did, I would probably not call it a shave den. I would still call it the bathroom.
no shave den yet still trying to figure out what to do it all...with so for now - it is on my dresser with my humidors (soap still under the sink)

Wherever you keep your stuff, be it a shelf, a drawer, the top of a dresser, and entire room, under the sink, big or small..... That is your den. Dens are constantly evolving and changing form. A den is nothing formal, just a collection of stuff.

Well whatever you want to call it ( as of now I call it a drawer in my chest of drawers in the bedroom), mine is totally inadequate looking at these pictures. Of course my wife thinks it's huge, crazy and largely unnecessary.

Top Bottom