What's new

Post Your Catch

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
we split some between 4 of us and gave the rest to local crabbers to use as bait. kind of Ironic, the only reason DNR wants you to catch them around my area is because they destroy the blue crab population

ahh ok makes sense. That's quite the haul!

Went out today and we caught two black tip sharks and 42 silver trout and whitefish. Had the shark steaks tonight and it was delicious. Coated in Italian bread crumbs and grilled. Enough left over for shark sandwiches for Friday.

View attachment 393184View attachment 393185

Cool stuff! I was working in Florida for a few months and got the chance to go fishing on the bay side. Beautiful place. We didn't catch a ton, but I got a few trout and mackerel and we cooked up a bunch of it, delicious. Oh, we were using live bait, and I also caught a very eager pelican :laugh:

Cool stuff! I was working in Florida for a few months and got the chance to go fishing on the bay side. Beautiful place. We didn't catch a ton, but I got a few trout and mackerel and we cooked up a bunch of it, delicious. Oh, we were using live bait, and I also caught a very eager pelican :laugh:

We were suing Gulp artificial shrimp that day. The pelicans can get very aggressive. A fishing buddy was attempting to clean a flounder when the pelican flew in and picked up a plastic bag of fillets. I laughed and he cursed.

Waiting for the weather to get warmer and then we will be out again.

We were suing Gulp artificial shrimp that day. The pelicans can get very aggressive. A fishing buddy was attempting to clean a flounder when the pelican flew in and picked up a plastic bag of fillets. I laughed and he cursed.

Waiting for the weather to get warmer and then we will be out again.

Lol, yeah, they're pretty daring. We ended up reeling him in and setting him loose. I think his pride was what hurt the most.

Here's a little trout I caught at South Twin Lake in my beautiful state of Oregon! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395900959.065279.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Here's a little trout I caught at South Twin Lake in my beautiful state of Oregon!

Beautiful fish!
Every time I see a trout I think about the time on Man vs. Wild where Bear Grylls took a bite out of a freshly caught trout. "these fish you can eat without cooking them if you had to" CHOMP.

Got lucky--there's a limit (3 miles or closer to shore) and they haven't been running like years past. Best eating fish around. We had quite the cookout following. Our wives thought we were idiots standing around the grill, smoker and deep fryer outside. The bourbon and cigars kept us warm enough. They will take this anyday rather than have the kids help us during deer season.

Limit on rockfish here in Virginia Beach--great day (12/26) and my little girl met us at the dock.View attachment 432382

Got lucky--there's a limit (3 miles or closer to shore) and they haven't been running like years past. Best eating fish around. We had quite the cookout following. Our wives thought we were idiots standing around the grill, smoker and deep fryer outside. The bourbon and cigars kept us warm enough. They will take this anyday rather than have the kids help us during deer season.

Had 'em for the first time myself last year after a trip over to the Chesapeake and they are seriously good eating fish.

Top Bottom