What's new

Post Your Catch

This evening's catch at the pond:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The snapping turtle was fun on 6 lb test and an ultralight spinning rig.

Good day for fishing...from my Juneau trip this past July...LOTS of Halibut; we've still got a couple of steaks in the freezer! :thumbup:

Took the fly rod out for the first time ever last weekend. Got a 10" smallmouth on a black wooly bugger. Thoroughly addicted to fly fishing now. Can't wait to go for some Bows!

Went out today and we caught two black tip sharks and 42 silver trout and whitefish. Had the shark steaks tonight and it was delicious. Coated in Italian bread crumbs and grilled. Enough left over for shark sandwiches for Friday.

$shark plus.jpg$shark.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Very nice Jim! I've never had shark before. I can only imagine it tastes pretty great.

Went out today and we caught two black tip sharks and 42 silver trout and whitefish. Had the shark steaks tonight and it was delicious. Coated in Italian bread crumbs and grilled. Enough left over for shark sandwiches for Friday.

Nice catch! Thanks for the link. I can practically smell the fish and saltwater aroma. For me, it's intoxicating.

Too bad snook harvest season is closed. They are tasty as well but you will be able to feast on some good fish for quite some time. Looks like those pelicans are looking for an early Christmas present from your catch.

Take care,
Jason

Very nice Jim! I've never had shark before. I can only imagine it tastes pretty great.

Black tip shark is delicious. It has no bones and it all white flesh. We breaded it with Italian bread crumbs and cooked it on a grill. My mother-in-law usually only likes fried fish and she agreed that it was delicious.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Black tip shark is delicious. It has no bones and it all white flesh. We breaded it with Italian bread crumbs and cooked it on a grill. My mother-in-law usually only likes fried fish and she agreed that it was delicious.

That's one advantage of fileting sharks, no bones!

This is awesome! I have run set lines tied off to trees before but never have seen a system like this...how does it work? We also toss a lot of jugs for catfish.

Honestly, I just picked up a stick off the ground, used some hemp rope from the back of the minivan, attached a hook and that's that. I have a fishing hole that pays off well. For about 30mins it's non stop but they catch on and eventually swim off. The first 30min...is pure heaven.

From a few months back. Now we're covered in ice and snow and I have to hang on + daydream until April.

p.s.--great catches everybody.

Attachments

• $IMG_0023.jpg
    $IMG_0023.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 151
Supper sweet thread I will have to look up some of my photos from my last vacation to post some of my fish we caught this past summer and some from the Tennessee Rivers round here .

R Yates

13 & On Forge

wow! what did you do with all those rays? Freezer full of meat?
we split some between 4 of us and gave the rest to local crabbers to use as bait. kind of Ironic, the only reason DNR wants you to catch them around my area is because they destroy the blue crab population

Top Bottom