What's new

Plissoft Monster PIF

I'm in! Thanks!
I really wanted to like the Whipped Dog synth brush, but the handle was too small and the knot was not to my liking - too springy.
I also really wanted to like Caties Bubbles LPV, but I turned bright red using it - loved the scent.

I'm in thanks.

I haven't bought a lot of stuff yet but heard barbasol shaving cream was supposed to be better than what I'd been using and didn't really seem any better to me. It's OK just wasn't better than the gillette gel I was using before.

I'm in... I really wanted to like Stirling Sandalwood but its too sweet for me since it uses Hawaiian sandalwood rather than the more woodsy asia Sandalwood.

Not in, but really an awesome PIF...I know it doesn't cost much, but I think it is an example of something inexpensive performing way up there with much more expensive brushes. Very adequate backbone, holds a ton of lather, super soft on the face...really, can't ask anything more.

I'm in! I wanted to like ARKO sticks because they are cheap, I actually kinda liked the scent and it lathered great but it really dried out my skin.

I have an English Single Ring of unknown vintage ... I think its maybe from around 1915, but English patent and serial numbers don't line up the way their American counterparts do.

I don't like this razor, either. I'm not a fan of the Open Comb design, so it is assigned to drawer duty and when people ask "What's the Oldest Razor that you own?" i can definitely say its that one. But I don't shave with it anymore, it has purely collectible status.
For me it's not an open comb issue, I love my New long comb and I have a Parker OC that is one of the best modern razors I own. I get a rough shave with this sucker now matter what blade I use!

Not in, nice of you to offer it up.

Arko. It dried out my skin so much it looked like my face was peeling from a sunburn.

I'm In! Thanks.

I haven't tried a lot of different things yet so I haven't gotten anything I don't like yet.

I'm in!

I'm in Canada and will happily pay shipping cost if I win.

I'm still on the fence about my 2nd razor, a Fatip Piccolo. It's more forgiving than my 39C slant but BBS ATG doesn't seem to last as long. Similarly, while it is a joy to use for head shaving (quicker, care-free + less blade feel, and mows 4 or 5 days growth with no tugging or clogging), it doesn't leave my scalp with a leather-like feel like the 39C does. I may end up putting this one down as "experience" and try a R41. I don't have a handle (Fatip different thread size, 39C is a 2-piece), or much money left for shaving purchases though!

I'm in. I tried a Perfecto Badger brush, (came in a kit, and I continue to use the stand and razor) but it was way too scratchy. Gave it to a neighbor who likes and still uses it.

Question isn't anyone concerned about using a used brush? I'm a newb so maybe there is a disinfecting procedure?

Not in, but there have been quite a few things I've been disappointed in. Shaving creams in general. Have not found one that I really enjoy performance wise compared to soaps. TOBS brand shaving cream tubs. Great scent on a few of them I own, but they just seem to burn / irritate my face. Feather blades. Learned about them on here, but they are just not what the doctor ordered.

TOBS burns my face too, my lips are the worst

I'm in! I have a Simpson special that I want to love but it just doesn't do it for me. I like the small size but not enough backbone and it doesn't hold enough lather for a face latherer. I also wish I could find anything that performs as well as Arko... I'm getting bored of just one soap!

Not in. I just had my Monster arrive this week. I'd already tried the equivalent smaller brush and liked it. RazoRock Plissoft turned me around a full 180 on synthetics.
To those unfamiliar with the Monster, its knot is 26mm compared to the RazoRock standard 24mm. That's not where it ends. Everything else about the brush is scaled-up in size. Think of those specially made homes for 7 foot basketball pros, where everything is high and big. The Monster is the brush that you would find there. It is made for giants. I happen to have a near-universal razor and brush stand, and the brush just barely fits by the base of the fibers.
Plissoft stirs-up a rich, fine, even lather. The fibers are gentle on the face. The material dries fast. At $13, or nearly $17 with shipping, it is almost a steal. It's an even better deal as a PIF.

Top Bottom