What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Farmerje modded Elf cob.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It burned very well and was a nice burley. Reviews on it say it's medium to strong in vitamin N, but I really didn't notice much. I still have a bowl left so I'll give it another go later today and see. I hope my Charatan Poker gets here today so I can try some of the aged Va you sent...I'm really looking forward to that one.

It burned very well and was a nice burley. Reviews on it say it's medium to strong in vitamin N, but I really didn't notice much. I still have a bowl left so I'll give it another go later today and see. I hope my Charatan Poker gets here today so I can try some of the aged Va you sent...I'm really looking forward to that one.
The ODF is well regarded. I'll have to smoke some later! I'm hoping the Brindle Flake hits a lot of good buttons.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Some 7 year old straight Virginia...McClelland Brindle Flake for tonight. Thanks John!

IMG_0009.JPG

Stuffed it into a new to me Charatan from the early '60s. I love the grain on the old Charatans.

And yes John, it's Grandma cat approved.

IMG_0014.JPG

Last night I had some CornCob Pipe and Button Nose in a MM Huck Finn with my buddy while sipping Sierra Nevado Torpedoes. It was a great cap off to the golf tournament at the country club. It hit the spot! Last time I tried smoking it was in a Knute Freehand and I couldn't do it. Too much bite. Last night, no bite, just joy. I'll blame bowl diameter on it?

I finished the night with some LNF in my Buckeye Tipsy Apple. That pipe likes Sunday Picnic more but that pipe is nearly dedicated to Sunday Picnic.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm about to have the second to last bowl of my tin of Bengal Slices in a Comoy's London Pride 398 bulldog. I'm pretty sure it's been since September that I've last smoked out of this pipe.

When I originally open this tin of Bengal Slices a few months ago I wasn't too crazy about it. It was too wet, the flakes were incredibly crumbly, and there was just very little flavor to it. Now that it's had a chance to breathe and dry out some for about 3 or 4 months, I'm glad that I have six more tins sitting in my cellar.

IMG_20170716_145143122.jpg

Top Bottom