What's new

My Greatest Antique Store Pipe Haul Ever

So I regularly stop by about a half dozen of my favorite antique stores in my corner of Wisconsin looking for razors, pipes, and cameras. I’ve lately come away quite defeated with the lackluster inventory except for one magical day last week. On a whim I happened to pop in to my favorite shop and looked around. I was basically done, feeling dejected because I struck out, when I decided to walk down an aisle that I know has historically been just jewelry. As I walk the aisle, I spot a case with pipes and I can already tell they’re special. There are Charatan’s Savinelli’s and…what’s that…Claudio Cavicchi pipes, in my neck of the woods?! I couldn’t find someone fast enough. There was a four C bent Dublin and two C Author (which I actually like more).

Here’s where it gets wild. While the clerk is calling the booth owner to check on a cash discount (most booth leasers need to pay CC fees) for these two, I’m just wandering blindly not really paying attention to much when I spot a pipe in a case that I’ve checked numerous times. It’s a prince shape. Okay…not my favorite but I’ll look closer. Oh…it’s a Dunhill. Let’s check this out. I ask to see it and lo and behold, it’s a 1991 two star Dead Root! Of all the things to randomly find. I still think the Cavicchi Author speaks the most to me.

I managed to get all three for an absurdly low price that I would feel bad putting on here so here’s a couple pictures instead.

IMG_1701.jpeg
IMG_1702.jpeg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
So I regularly stop by about a half dozen of my favorite antique stores in my corner of Wisconsin looking for razors, pipes, and cameras. I’ve lately come away quite defeated with the lackluster inventory except for one magical day last week. On a whim I happened to pop in to my favorite shop and looked around. I was basically done, feeling dejected because I struck out, when I decided to walk down an aisle that I know has historically been just jewelry. As I walk the aisle, I spot a case with pipes and I can already tell they’re special. There are Charatan’s Savinelli’s and…what’s that…Claudio Cavicchi pipes, in my neck of the woods?! I couldn’t find someone fast enough. There was a four C bent Dublin and two C Author (which I actually like more).

Here’s where it gets wild. While the clerk is calling the booth owner to check on a cash discount (most booth leasers need to pay CC fees) for these two, I’m just wandering blindly not really paying attention to much when I spot a pipe in a case that I’ve checked numerous times. It’s a prince shape. Okay…not my favorite but I’ll look closer. Oh…it’s a Dunhill. Let’s check this out. I ask to see it and lo and behold, it’s a 1991 two star Dead Root! Of all the things to randomly find. I still think the Cavicchi Author speaks the most to me.

I managed to get all three for an absurdly low price that I would feel bad putting on here so here’s a couple pictures instead.

View attachment 1806859View attachment 1806860
Congrats!
The finds are out there, you just have to keep looking!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

View attachment 1806859View attachment 1806860
Very nice haul. As always, the price tells the tale.

But it looks like they stuck you with one of those ugly pedestrian Dunhills.

Send it to me for proper disposal.

congrats!! great find. i keep looking but haven't gotten lucky yet! antique stores around me don't mess with pipes!

Top Bottom