What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

IMG_20170708_202512.jpg
David Jones poker with some GH Brown Flake unscented.

Nice meer and knife! The knife looks like it has a great patina built up.
It is a Green Mountain blank that my dad and I handled when I was 17. Half a lifetime ago. It has been in my rendezvous gear bag since. It has field dressed a lot of game, lived with me In the woods for summers at a time and been a great tool. Figured cutting up some flake would be right up it's alley.

I'm also realizing I am in need or more Dark Star!

Very nice to have a knive like that with those memories surrounding it, Chef.
My potd:

Dan Tobacco Holly's Discovery in a Chris Askwith prince.

Very nice to have a knive like that with those memories surrounding it, Chef.
My potd:

Dan Tobacco Holly's Discovery in a Chris Askwith prince.
Nice pipe!

I had that knife with me when I was at my Grandpa's. I was cleaning some squirrels with it and he asked where I got the antique knife. Grandpa was a collector of most nice things so I took that as a huge compliment that dad and I made it. Grandpa was impressed even more! :)

Lots of memories with that knife. Truly blessed.

Well, since Kent put the idea in my head, tonight I'm smoking Stonehaven in what was - until two days ago - the deepest bowled pipe on my rack: this Radice Clear...

14996500359781074874661.jpg

What a beaut! Do you stack the strips of tobacco side by side like a bunch of pencils in the bowl?
Thanks!

The strips are pretty long. I usually grab the bunch and shake out the smaller bits, then press the middle down into the bowl so the edges end up toward the top. Run my thumb along the top to flatten it out, then break up the leftover bits and sprinkle them on top.

Top Bottom