What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Have you tried SG Cabbies Mixture? It's also the small coins like 3 nuns w perique. I find it develops a soapy quality after opening, but others don't have that experience. Worth a try at least.
I have a tin lying around somewhere. I guess I should add it to the list of things that I need to open up soon to see if like it.

Oh, and now that I think of it, Peter Heinrichs Special Curly is a pretty good substitute for 3 nuns. Not sure that'll save you much money, but worth thinking about.
Three Nuns is $15 for 50g, while PH usually will give you twice the amount for that price. :lol:

I'll check it out once it's back in stock.

Moved onto C&D Epiphany in a smallish Jambo African meer.

This makes up for the tongue lashing I received from the last pipe. Nice, creamy, a lil bit of citrus, tiny bit of smoke from the latakia, lots of nuttiness. And it burns nice and cool. Nothing complex, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I'll have to run through a few more bowls and perhaps place a large order of this.

Peter Stokkebye Sambuca in the LVC wannabe.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am pleased with it. And I have you to blame, I mean think. Without your obsession for the LVC, I never would have gotten interested in them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
McClelland Dark Navy Flake in the Baki.

Note to self... when you think it's dry, dry it for another hour.
Haha, I bought 8oz and thought it went dry because of the bag (it was well aged when I bought it). Smoked some the other day and kept thinking I should really have this dry some more!

Haha, I bought 8oz and thought it went dry because of the bag (it was well aged when I bought it). Smoked some the other day and kept thinking I should really have this dry some more!
It took a lot of work to get it going, but once it got going it was nice and steady without a ton of relights.

I may have been babying it a bit too much, as I'm wont to do with VAs. If you scorch a VA, you ruin the entire bowl. I've since learned that this blend can take a bit of abuse.

It took a lot of work to get it going, but once it got going it was nice and steady without a ton of relights.

I may have been babying it a bit too much, as I'm wont to do with VAs. If you scorch a VA, you ruin the entire bowl. I've since learned that this blend can take a bit of abuse.
I have only had a few bowls and yes, I need to figure it out get the best smoke from it

My first ever bowl of Penzance courtesy of @MrSmith Its oh so good!

I love it when someone tells the tale of their inaugural bowl of a rare treat. Glad you're enjoying it! Give Star of the East a try to compare. Gotta be the tin, don't buy the bulk. For some reason they are different. I personally think the tin is a near match for me vs penzance.

I love it when someone tells the tale of their inaugural bowl of a rare treat. Glad you're enjoying it! Give Star of the East a try to compare. Gotta be the tin, don't buy the bulk. For some reason they are different. I personally think the tin is a near match for me vs penzance.

Thanks for the suggestion, will definitely give it a shot

Top Bottom