What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Taking a break from my meers (I think I'm actually starting to taste meerschaum). I gave them a thorough Everclear soaked q-tip treatment, so they're done for the day.

C&D OJK in my Sav Pianoforte 320 KS.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Speakeasy in my Thompson meer poker.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testing out a bunch of C&D samples I got to see if I want to make a bulk purchase while SP has their sale going...

This obviously isn't optimal for flavor, but it should be enough to know if I want more or not.
CDtest.jpg

Edit: Trying the following...
Bayou Morning
Super Balkan
Pegasus
Oriental Silk
Autumn Evening

Bayou Morning is the only one I'm planning on purchasing more of. Maybe Super Balkan...maybe...

About to have my true POTD now...special for HDHD...

Tinderbox Reserve 1928 in the Baki.

Bayou Morning is the only one I'm planning on purchasing more of. Maybe Super Balkan...maybe...

About to have my true POTD now...special for HDHD...

Tinderbox Reserve 1928 in the Baki.
Wow, it made your favorite blend for HDHD?!

ABout to hit some LNF in my Buckeye and possibly some ODF in my meer.

I have to ask: named after you or just amazing coincidence?

I wish! Coincidence... Of course I had to order a few tins after seeing it on the HU Tobacco website. [emoji41] It was a plus when I smoked the first bowl of it two years ago and found out that I like it. An aromatic that's cased/flavored just right. I can still taste the tobacco...especially the Virginia leaf used in it. [emoji106]

Had a bowl of Sutliff Molto Dolce in my Altinok LVC earlier...working on a bowl (next to last in the tin) of Chocolate Flake in my Morgan Bones straight apple

Hirsute

This stuff nearly burnt my tongue off, even while sipping it and trying to keep the temp low. No more big bowls with this. Ouch.

I like the stuff, but I find it needs some cellar age. Put it away and come back in 2 yrs and all will be well.

I like the stuff, but I find it needs some cellar age. Put it away and come back in 2 yrs and all will be well.

Yeah... it was not well behaved. I'm going to let it chillax for a bit, and try it again after it has some time to settle down a bit. I was hoping that it could be a nice Three Nuns alternative, because I reeeeeally don't want to have to pay $15 a tin for it.

Hirsute

Yeah... it was not well behaved. I'm going to let it chillax for a bit, and try it again after it has some time to settle down a bit. I was hoping that it could be a nice Three Nuns alternative, because I reeeeeally don't want to have to pay $15 a tin for it.

Have you tried SG Cabbies Mixture? It's also the small coins like 3 nuns w perique. I find it develops a soapy quality after opening, but others don't have that experience. Worth a try at least.

Hirsute

Have you tried SG Cabbies Mixture? It's also the small coins like 3 nuns w perique. I find it develops a soapy quality after opening, but others don't have that experience. Worth a try at least.

Oh, and now that I think of it, Peter Heinrichs Special Curly is a pretty good substitute for 3 nuns. Not sure that'll save you much money, but worth thinking about.

Top Bottom