What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Tracy Mincer”The Doodler” with The Country Squire’s “Bag End”

770C4FF1-F1EF-4A21-A762-E312763028CF.jpeg

A most pleasant Sunday morning post-breakfast pipe: almost the last bits of my Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake mixed with a pinch of Prince Albert Match, in my French no-name Lumberman. Over 30 minutes, 1 relight, cool and with no bite or throat dryness. The Virginia does burn slowly, and the PA Match gave it a little more cocoa aroma.

The SNF is a very good buy -- as good a smoke as Capstan Blue and yet much more reasonably priced.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
A most pleasant Sunday morning post-breakfast pipe: almost the last bits of my Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake mixed with a pinch of Prince Albert Match, in my French no-name Lumberman. Over 30 minutes, 1 relight, cool and with no bite or throat dryness. The Virginia does burn slowly, and the PA Match gave it a little more cocoa aroma.

The SNF is a very good buy -- as good a smoke as Capstan Blue and yet much more reasonably priced.
I have cellared Newminster 400 deep for exactly that reason. It stands up to some very good blends at bulk prices...matter of fact I think the only things I have cellared deeper are Escudo and some Rattray's blends.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have cellared Newminster 400 deep for exactly that reason. It stands up to some very good blends at bulk prices...matter of fact I think the only things I have cellared deeper are Escudo and some Rattray's blends.

When you say deep, what age of 400 are you smoking now? I find it a marvelous blend, but im wonderingg how much of the topping disappates with age.

brandaves

When you say deep, what age of 400 are you smoking now? I find it a marvelous blend, but im wonderingg how much of the topping disappates with age.
The stuff I'm smoking now had a year and a half cellar time. Not super aged stuff. I can't speak to how it holds up with considerable cellar time unfortunately.

brandaves

...cellared deep for me is probably considerably less then what others would consider deep. I have a bit over 3 pounds of it. Which is pretty deep for a single blend to me because I'm a variety guy. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom