What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Power outage in the building means an early bowl for this guy...

20220803_142239.jpg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
From last night. First Bowl in my new “Scottie” PS LBF. Smoked a little hot, not sure if it’s the pipe or the fact that I was working in the garage and may have been smoking a little fast. I’m going to try something like Match Edgeworth RR next to see if it smokes a little cooler. Overall I’m extremely happy with the pipe.

F39EC1CB-6A31-4F3B-9986-E441F5DA058B.jpeg

From last night. First Bowl in my new “Scottie” PS LBF. Smoked a little hot, not sure if it’s the pipe or the fact that I was working in the garage and may have been smoking a little fast. I’m going to try something like Match Edgeworth RR next to see if it smokes a little cooler. Overall I’m extremely happy with the pipe.

View attachment 1499747
I purchased a handsome Dublin earlier this year. I find it smokes hot no matter what I put in it. Not so much the smoke or on my tongue, but the lower, tapered portion of the bowl gets uncomfortably hot to hold. Does your new pipe taper toward the heel like that? If so, maybe that is part of the problem.

Last flake of troost in my sabrina pipe.
I will miss the tabaco. I wasn't a big fan in the beginning, but I really enjoyed it at the 2nd half of the tin.
Now it is gone. Now I can think what to open next. So many choises, so little idea.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I purchased a handsome Dublin earlier this year. I find it smokes hot no matter what I put in it. Not so much the smoke or on my tongue, but the lower, tapered portion of the bowl gets uncomfortably hot to hold. Does your new pipe taper toward the heel like that? If so, maybe that is part of the problem.
The bowl is pretty uniform all the way down. I think it was a combination of a wide open draw and me just smoking too fast because I’m not used to the pipe. I’ll try it again in a day or two and see if the results are different.

Having some Sir Walter Aromatic in my Jeantet horn-stemmed billiard. It's been a while since I've smoked it. Along with classic SWR, this is my desert island blend. It does burn eagerly, like its cousin, and so I usually get only about 30 minutes' worth of smoke out of a medium-sized pipe; but that's plenty for me.

Top Bottom