What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Latikia Flake in a Tinsky coral; supposed to get up to low 50's today - sunny and going to be gorgeous, going for a walk downtown and watch the creatures watching me.

My mix in a new , used pipa croci from mid 80’s
Cleaned up nice, no ghosting. True 1.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HH Pure Virginia in #21. I must recommend the airtight plastic storage container to those who want to open and smoke through a single tin. Inside this on is a 3.5 oz tin of the HH flakes, I opened the tin over a month ago and it's still as fresh as when i first cracked it open.
20181218_165937.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Elizabeth’s in a Pete Tankard. Uh-oh!! With a couple month of aging I kinda like it now!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
No, it was originally a reddish brown smooth pipe. I sanded it down, rusticated the lower half, and stained it black.
proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Thanks, I wanted a Black and Tan set. I sold the Donegal 150 pictured below and picked up the Kildare 150. I've had the 80s for a while.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Is 38 mph a safe speed to take photographs? you must have one smooth ride. [emoji16]
How does it smoke, is the shank too short?

Um, my helper took the pic for me?

It smokes great man. Cannonballed LBF smokes right down to mostly ash.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
It is the flake. It rubs out pretty easily unlike some flakes. Good to go right out of the tin . . . no drying time required for me. Has a bit of sweetness . . . which I enjoy. Amazing smell when I opened the tin. Remarkable even. Very remarkable. I've not smoked Escudo for a while but by dim recollection something similar is happening here. I'm still very new to this. I'm not sure if the Latakia or the VA is driving my enjoyment.

Smoking Macbaren HH Burley flake in the Dr. Silence reading pipe by Chris Kelly of Eldritch pipes. Very easy going smoke. Highly recommended. [emoji16]

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It is the flake. It rubs out pretty easily unlike some flakes. Good to go right out of the tin . . . no drying time required for me. Has a bit of sweetness . . . which I enjoy. Amazing smell when I opened the tin. Remarkable even. Very remarkable. I've not smoked Escudo for a while but by dim recollection something similar is happening here. I'm still very new to this. I'm not sure if the Latakia or the VA is driving my enjoyment.
Have you tried fold and stuff? Now that I have the hang of it, it is my favorite method. I feel it highlights the flavors better.

Top Bottom