What's new

Pinaud Bay Rum ?

I have the basic Pinaud Clubman aftershave lotion and I really love it. It’s my favorite one at the moment. How is the Bay Rum version? Is it good? Been thinking of getting some!

Razorhead

It's really good. I like it. It has a nice scent. It is somewhat harsher than clubman and some have complained about it.

Personally I prefer Bootlegger's Bay Rum. It is a blend of equal parts of Pinaud Bay Rum, Superior 70 Bay Rum, and Master's Bay Rum. Pinaud provides strength to the aroma, Superior 70 adds to the dimension of the scent, and Masters adds soothing glycerine.

While it’s not my favorite bay rum, I do like it. It has a stronger note of cinnamon than others I’ve used. Only drawback from my perspective is that the scent doesn’t last very long.

Pinaud Bay Rum is one of the best bay rums on the market. It is potent scent-wise for an hour or so, but those spices in it are really nice. It will burn your shaven skin for a bit, but it is a feel good burn. Sometimes I use it as a body splash. Good stuff, can't go wrong for less than a tenspot. Every man needs a bay rum of some kind, Pinaud is one of the best.

Pinaud bay rum (VIBR) really doesn’t compare to Clubman. I like the scent of VIBR, but it is not long lasting. However, from what I understand, bay rum is simply not a long lasting scent regardless of the brand. The bay rum scent will vary by manufacturer too. I find Pinaud bay rum to be a middle of the road scent, and I think you can’t go wrong with it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
This thread inspired me. I use Old Spice 95% of the time and haven’t used Pinaud Bay Rum in years so I bought a small bottle and found it to be a great alternative. Very nice stuff. Thanks for bringing it up.

It's staple here in the community, and many have cranked through bottles of it here. I for one prefer the PAA Atomic Bay Rum over it. It has more staying power, less alcohol smell, and feels better on the face to me.

Cracking a bottle of Clubman VIBR is litterally like cracking the seal on a bottle of Captain Morgans.

My favorite Pinaud splash is Clubman! #2 on my list is Special Reserve! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pinaud Bay Rum comes in lower, but it is definitely worth a try IMHO!

Hey bigj, just joined the forum tonight. When I filled out the info page, I forgot to mention you as one of my favorite members,sorry. I always like the way you pump the veg. For a guy who self admittedly wasn’t chosen, that’s a very veg worthy action. By the way, I like your pic, for a minute, I thought it was Lee Tracy!

Top Bottom