What's new

Pimp my Wapi -- again

Another Wapi I pimped with new scales. The scales are Purpleheart and the spacer is white marble acrylic. The hardware is my first attempt at making my own pins with washers from microfasteners. The finish is 12 coats of CA which is my favorite finish so far. I really like the depth and gloss.

Beautiful work. You have a real talent.
Funny how the term "pimp" has come to mean a general upgrading. When I hear it, I think tasteless and extreme ornamentation. Anything but the tasteful treatment you have given this straight. By way of illustration check out the Jitney.

Gosh, that thing is beautiful!.
I bought two Wapis to eventually rescale. When I do get around to it, I can only hope to get them nearly as pretty as yours.
Great job!

Im very interested in making my own scales and wanted to know where to get all the pin hardware.. So now I know where to find the #0 washers, but where do you get the brass rods as well... And isnt there a sort of seat for the brass rods on the outside of the scales...
I've seen that listing on eboy for the complete pin set but c'mon almost 10 bux for 4 sets of pins and washers seems way too steep for me...
Also where could I find any of thoses adjustable alan or hex screws that are sometimes used instead???
I hope to pimp a couple of Wapi's as well so I might have afew questions for you later on..
I just picked this up on the bay and I think it was worth it to buy 25 species of wood all at once, at least it'll give me spares if I ruin any...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130199528448&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

For 1/16 rods, I've found them at Hobby Lobby and Ace Hardware. They ought to have them at most any hobby shop or store that carries a K&S metals display. I've also found them at Knife & Gun online.

Another short-cut is to get the hardware set from ClassicShaving.com its $12 and will do 5 re-scaling jobs HERE.

Top Bottom