What's new

Pils DE Razor

are they offering the acrylic handled ones as well?

Yes, black acrylic:
proxy.php

proxy.php

and 5 other styles:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've found a vendor in the US selling Pils de Razors and have lost it. Google is not helping me...I believe it was in Mass or Connecticut. Any help...

yep, I'm going to be in trouble for this one. I have been looking at this razor for a few months now trying to thing of who I know in Europe that would get it to me. This makes it easier for me to get. oh what to do...

To give you the flavor of their company, allow me to quote their website (roughly translated):

“Our tendency is it to create products which are not only beautifully, but also suited for everyday life and long-lived. We do not compromises with the selection of raw materials. We process on the highest quality level, lend our products a timeless design, and constantly test the functionality our designs.

The selection of the materials for our products takes place after careful consideration and examining which material is the best for the respective purpose. We use the best hair available on the world market for our shaving brushes. Our pieces are most commonly crafted from high-grade stainless steel, brass, or as well acrylic glass. Brass components are plated with thick genuine gold or nickel layers of only the best quality. Also we are specialized to manufacture, on request, unique custom pieces from solid platinum, gold or other precious metals.”

To give you the flavor of their company, allow me to quote their website (roughly translated):

“Our tendency is it to create products which are not only beautifully, but also suited for everyday life and long-lived. We do not compromises with the selection of raw materials. We process on the highest quality level, lend our products a timeless design, and constantly test the functionality our designs.

The selection of the materials for our products takes place after careful consideration and examining which material is the best for the respective purpose. We use the best hair available on the world market for our shaving brushes. Our pieces are most commonly crafted from high-grade stainless steel, brass, or as well acrylic glass. Brass components are plated with thick genuine gold or nickel layers of only the best quality. Also we are specialized to manufacture, on request, unique custom pieces from solid platinum, gold or other precious metals.”

I believe it, Ray. I'm lucky enough to be using a stainless steel Pils, on loan from another member. This thing is built like a Panzer, but looks and performs like a Porsche! What a razor! :001_smile

I contacted Pils and this is what I found out.

1) This is a new model. So new it's not on the Pils website.

2) You can buy it directly from Pils

3) "MRSP" is €175,00 and shipping is €34,00 so about $300

4) The only way to pay at this time is via direct transfer

My understanding is this will be added to the Pils website shortly. It is being marketed as "a high quality product." All parts are made from stainless steel. They have no retailer in America at this time but that may change. If you do order it you may have to pay taxes and customs. You will need to let Pils know your exact address and your interest before you pay obviously. You can contact them via the form on the Pils website.

I wonder if they make them gold plated?

The price is a relative thing. Many wouldn't bat an eye at spending $200 - $500 for a digital camera, or the latest cell phone. Those will only last 2 - 5 years before becoming outmoded and religated to the back of a closet as yesterdays technology. A razor like the Pils will last several generations, if not more and will never become outmoded unless they stop making double edged blades.

In view of that does the price of the Pils really seem that outlandish?

DD

The price is a relative thing. Many wouldn't bat an eye at spending $200 - $500 for a digital camera, or the latest cell phone. Those will only last 2 - 5 years before becoming outmoded and religated to the back of a closet as yesterdays technology. A razor like the Pils will last several generations, if not more and will never become outmoded unless they stop making double edged blades.

In view of that does the price of the Pils really seem that outlandish?

DD

Nobody has said that the price is outlandish, but it is a little high for what you get. I've paid a lot for a Gillette President and a Gillette Toggle, but those razors are in limited supply. You are correct on prices being relative.

Top Bottom