What's new

Pils DE Razor

Michael, nice job with those pictures. They have me salivating...must resist!
I love the clean, simple design; I love the finish; I love the packaging! :drool:

Thankfully, it seems I have some time to save up for this one...

I don't like the design of this razor. To me, it looks a little too futuristic compared to my very good looking EJ Chatsworth. But I'm wondering how this head performs...

I find the head on the razor to be more maneuverable. Assuming you mean maneuverable to describe moving around the face, and not the head itself moving. It has a lower profile than the Futur does. The width though is going to be similar since the blade guard does cover the tabs on the razor blade. I think the Futur can be more aggressive than the Pils. The blade gap on it isn't as big as the photo made it look, and with the combination of the safety bar, it creates a pretty nice angle to shave with.

I have not had any problems maneuvering around my nose...and I have a big one. :001_smile As with other razors with a bulkier head, you may end up doing horizontal strokes, but it works just fine.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's still a lot of money; however, it appears that, after deducting the 19% Value Added Tax and using an exchange rate of about €1 = US$1.40, you could bring one to your house outside the EU for about US$200 or so by shopping at The Different Scent's website (assuming they speak English or you speak German)

I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's still a lot of money; however, it appears that, after deducting the 19% Value Added Tax and using an exchange rate of about €1 = US$1.40, you could bring one to your house outside the EU for about US$200 or so by shopping at The Different Scent's website (assuming they speak English or you speak German)

And shipping and insurance etc....

And shipping and insurance etc....

Yes, the shipping - after adding the €35 quoted by the other outfit for shipping, we're right back at the price (+/- $2-$3) for which the razor is listed from a trusted vendor on B&B - AND who we know for sure does business in English! :blushing:

Now, it's simply a matter of me finishing my rationalization for why I MUST have the Pils razor!

Interesting razor. What can you guys compare the shave to in aggressiveness? Tech or HD?

Is Ray the only guy in the US with them? Wonder when he will have them back in stock?

The gold would put you in high cotton for sure.

Last edited:
The shipping costs for one razor are 35-40€? This is way too much and you could ship it much cheaper! IMO you should can choose the shipping method, but unfortunately many firms offer only the fastest but most expensive method. Always the same problem with overseas purchases...

It is also tough to tell exactly which model of PILS that they carry, whether it is the Matte Stainless or Chrome Polished, I tried to do the translation and it sure didn't help much in trying to figure it out.

Hopefully stock of them return soon so I can place an order myself for the Matte Stainless model. :D

I really would like to know about the agressiveness of this one as well...

Looking at the images, this thing looks like a masterpiece.

Meh!! Just fork out a couple of dollars for a 1912 Gem and get a better shave.:confused1:confused1The Pils looks like something a Dalek would shave with.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Who here actually has one of these? I think a lot of us are interested, but the high price tag makes it a wee bit unlike purchasing a $15 Gillette off eBay.

What does it shave like compared to a Merkur HD?

I know I'll be doing a full write up/review once I get mine.. but I have to wait for mine to arrive so it could be awhile. One will be coming though..

Top Bottom