What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

I finally opened the box on Saturday and there was plenty of things that I wanted to try. I decided to shave on Saturday even though I normally skip weekends.
For the first shave I decided to use Prorasso white. I wanted to try it for a while but not sought to go out and get it. It smelled OK and I did enjoy the menthol kick that it had. I used the ball end OC and a new Rapira SS blade from the box and I felt like it was the first time I started wet shaving. That blade was horrible, skipping all over the skin, I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the razor so after half a cheek I stopped and put the blade in the ball end tech, results weren't any better. I even put that blade in my Gillette LC that I've been using everyday for last few months. First pass and three razors later I threw that blade out and put in a feather in the Gillette OC and what a difference. The soap performed well and the second pass went with out a hitch. I used the British sterling aftershave that came with the box and my wife really enjoyed it :) That blade though, I haven't had razor burn like that in a really long time.

Going through the box I found a clear bottle with a blue top that leaked completely out so I threw it away, and there was another clear bottle with yellow liquid and pink top. What's in it? To me it smells a bit like cat urine but I really hope that that's not it ;-)

Anyway for my shave this morning I used the Prorasso again and I put the feather blade in the ball end tech. What a wonderful little razor. I had a chance to try a pre war tech once and it was one of my favorite razors, this one comes really close to it.

Tomorrow is arko and the flair tip. I haven't tried arko before and it's definitely an acquired scent but I'm willing to try it.

I'm contacting the next people in line as well but so far no response.

Hey guys, I made an account here back in like 2012, but I haven't been very active. I pretty much bought myself a weishi, a brush, some soap, and some blades, and have been just using that weishi for the last 3 or 4 years. I think it's about time I try a different razor now, but I have NO idea what the heck to try. I would love to participate in this to get a chance to try other razors if I'm able to, but the weishi is my only razor, and I've only ever tried one brush and 2 soaps: the van der hagen wal mart sells, and Arko. I do have a crapton of the green Astra blades, I could throw a few packs of those in the box if that's alright. I'm assuming I'm supposed to put SOMETHING in for the next guys, right?

Well it's a late update but it is one. I have been having few issues at home right now my car got flooded Wednesday so I've been trying to work out all of the German electrical gremlins out of my jetta and my wife has about 10 days until her due date so we had a lovely unexpected trip to the hospital today but everything turned out good and the baby is still inside :)
Now for the shaving stuff. I've used, arko, mama bears barbershop, the black lavender soap, wsp soap and I just received a sample of chiseled face trade winds. All the soaps performed great except for trade winds but I probably didn't use enough soap that time. I already know what I will add and probably keep. I just need to run to the post office and send out the box on its way. I'll do my best to make it happen this week.

I do have questions though what's the wsp soap and what's in the bottle with the pink top?
proxy.php

proxy.php

So here is the new list of people in line

TriggerMan
LRose
dangerousdon
Kaidoh
.jstr2112
.DerStadtschutz

Luecke had declined the box and wanted to be taken off the list. The guys before him either didn't respond or declined the box.

I have contacted triggerman currently awaiting response. I got couple of boxes and I'm going to begin packing.

Mcd? Or mdc? But yeah its in there. I had a sample of it before and it was fantastic so I want to leave it for someone that hasn't tried it yet

I'm still waiting for a response from [MENTION=108270]TriggerMan[/MENTION] if I don't hear from him for another day [MENTION=109050]LRose[/MENTION] is next

Sweet, thanks for adding me to the list. I can't wait to see what's in there and try out something other than this Weishi(not that there's anything necessarily wrong with it)!

This morning I used mahogany spice excellent soap, smells great as well, I'm just not sure who the manufacturer is.

Still waiting for response on who wants the box. [MENTION=109050]LRose[/MENTION] you got a pm from me as well.

Top Bottom