What's new

PIF Time.What's Your Best Musical Memory?

Thanks to my good friend Chadao over in The Order of The Fat, I now have a brand new puck of my favorite soap, MWF, in the ceramic dish, on its way to me!

But here's the thing; I already have the ceramic dish, and my puck still has LOTS of life left in it. So why would I enter his PIF? Simple: my MWF dish has a slightly warped lid, and I'd like to replace it. So, when the package arrives from WCS, I will take the lid, and you can have the rest, with my old lid!

The winner of this PIF will receive a BRAND NEW puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap, a BRAND NEW MWF bowl, and a used lid for said bowl. Other than being slightly warped (which is how it came to me when brand new, not as a result of anything I did), the lid is in excellent condition, which you can see for yourself:

proxy.php

Honestly, the warping isn't even that bad. If I didn't get lucky and win the PIF, I would never have bothered to replace it. It even makes a fun, "spproooinnngggg" noise:

So, a chance for a puck of MWF, in the super-cool ceramic dish sounds awesome, right? BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!!!

The winner will also receive a BRAND NEW unopened bottle of my very favorite aftershave, Pinaud Lilac Vegetal!!!!

Two of the most talked about shaving products here at B&B, all in one PIF. If you love one, love both, or have been curious but scared to try either, NOW IS THE TIME.

Due to the inclusion of the Veg, I'm afraid this PIF is CONUS only.

HOW TO ENTER:

Tell me about your favorite musical memory. It could be a concert you went to, a concert you performed in, the first time you heard your favorite song on the radio, anything, as long as it is *about the music* (and not about what else you were doing at the time :blushing:) Don't have a great memory to share? Than tell me about your favorite piece of music, and why you love it. Don't have a favorite piece of music? Then tell me your favorite food. Posts simply stating "I'm in" will NOT be considered entries in the PIF!

The winner will be chosen using random.org, and will end when the package from WCS is delivered to my house, or July 21st at 5:00 PM EDT, WHICHEVER COMES LAST.

If you win, you MAY NOT sell the items you receive. You are, however, free to PIF them.

Good luck, and looking forward to reading about your memories!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Sleepwalk, by Santo and Johnny, so much so that when it comes on the radio, I pick my 5 year old daughter up and dance with her. She had her mother download the song so we could dance whenever her heart desires. I think we found a daddy/daughter song for her wedding!

I'm in for the fat and veg- haven't tried either!

I'm in! Thanks! My favorite musical memory... I actually have quite a few top contenders but my favorite is probably when my dad and I went to see KISS in 2000. We had seen them once before in 1998, but in 2000 Skid Row and Ted Nugent opened for them. That was the loudest concert I've ever been to. We were deaf for 2 days after that. Totally worth it though. We even painted our faces. When we got home we woke my mom up with the face paint on and scared her. That's a great memory.

Wow, what a PIF! Very, very generous. I've yet to try either, so I am in. My musical memory is this. The very first concert I attended was Hall & Oates, with 'Til Tuesday as the opening act. Everyone was there to see Hall & Oates, who were in their "Maneater" and "Kiss On My Lips" stage. Almost no one - certainly not me - knew who 'Til Tuesday was. They came out and performed for about 30-45 minutes to polite applause. No more than a week later, "Voices Carry" broke for them and that song was everywhere. Kind of fun that I got to hear them perform it as an opening act in a small New Hampshire town.

In my younger days I knew a lot of local bands/bars Billy Idol came to town and I ended up back stage then in their hotel. It was the Dancing with myself tour. I remember a lot, but nothing I wish to share.

OK I'm in! A great way to try some classics around here!

My favorite memory is probably one of my high school band concerts for two reasons
1. My dad often worked Tuesday nights (concerts were always Tues) but this year he was able to attend with my mom.
2. I had the solo part for a musical arrangement that included my parents' wedding song. And I nailed it :)

Im in and mine is hearing king diamond for the first time as a kid. Dunno when but he sparked me into metal. Iron maiden judas priest amd many more

Count me in! All my life I grew up as an only child. I was 16, been playing guitar for a few years and kicking *** with it. I loved, and still love playing 70s and 80s hard rock/ metal. I just wish I had someone to jam with, like an older brother... Anyways, one night my mother and father sat me down. I thought I was in trouble for something. He basically said, well son, I gotta be honest with you... turns out you have a half brother. He's 20 years older than you, has a beautiful wife, and two beautiful young boys. You're an uncle and I'm a grandfather. My best friend and I screwed around back in the 70's... and one thing led to another... you can do the math. I was in complete shock... But man, I thought it was awesome!

A few weeks later my brother and I met for the first time on the beach. Both of us were filled with joy and we embraced one another. We started talking and it turns out that my brother is a musician too, just like my father and I. We both love the same bands and genres! We became best friends instantly. I always wanted an older brother and he always wanted a younger one. He knew about me for years, but wanted to wait until I was 16 before breaking the news. After hanging out a few times he heard me play guitar, and by the looks of it he was very impressed with how I played. So he said to me, in two weeks you're playing with my band! I was shocked he asked me! But he insisted, so I was pumped. The night we performed together we became bonded forever in brotherhood. That night was also my first real gig and the greatest night of my life. We rocked out in front of over 200 people. My life changed in an instant and it was the greatest change I could have ever ask for. So if you have a sibling, hug them tight. and tell them that you love them. I wish I met my brother and our newly found family sooner, but it seems like everything happened just right. Best experience of my life. To this day we are all still very close. The only thing we argue about is who is a better band, Van Halen or Led Zeppelin! (My vote goes to Van Halen! Favorite band of all time! \m/)
$1530429_1513662998860903_5810178203330076522_n.jpg

Last edited:
In.

My favorite musical memory is Ben E. King's singing "Stand By Me" and my daughter and I doing the Rumba to the music for our father-daughter dance at her wedding.

I'm in. My favorite was seeing Violent Femmes or Offspring with Rancid opening in concert. So much fun at each concert and what great songs!

I'm in.

I was at Woodstock, but that's not my favorite music memory. My favorite was seeing The Doors in 1969. They began with a long intro to "When the Music's Over." Morrison leaped at the microphone like a panther, let out his famous yell, and the madness began! They ended with "Light My Fire," part of which was played behind the curtain, which had been brought down when a lot of fans started rushing the stage. I always loved Morrison and The Doors, and though I later went to many concerts, rock, classical, and jazz, this is the one that outshined them all.

Not in...Canada, eh?
I'll still tell you about my best musical memory: I have loved the Beatles since I was 6 years old back in February 1964. For those of you who might recall, that was the night they first played on the Ed Sullivan Show. My inspiration to start learning the guitar was the Beatles. mind you, I love a lot of different artists and musical styles but these guys hold a special place in my heart. Anyway, I've always dreamed of seeing them play live and have had actual dreams wherein I met them and played a few tunes with them. In 1980, John was, unfortunately, murdered and all my dreams came to a halt. Any chance of a full reunion was out of the question. but, as they say, life goes on. Fast forward to 2012...or was it 2011...not sure, Paul was touring and Montreal was on the itinerary. I made it a point to see that show. Let's backtrack for a second. I remember getting McCartney's Back in the U.S concert DVD and watched it. I distinctly recall seeing audience members crying like little kids who just fell off their bikes and scraped their knee. My thought process was, "What the heck is wrong with these guys...crying?" Are they for real?
Back to the show in question: I showed up at the Bell Center anticipating a good show. I won't tell you how much I spent on tickets and souvenirs but I will tell you that I could have gotten a couple of Fatboys and Toggles. The MC introduced him and on he came along with the other band members...All it took was, "You say Yes...." and I felt this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia which I cannot explain. It was like the weight of the world was taken off my shoulders and I had this feeling of inner peace. I know you may think I'm overdoing it here but that's the only way I can explain it. Suffice it to say that I clearly understood that you don't need to fall off your bike and scrape your knees...

My all time favorite musical memory is from when i was a teenager and me and my dad would drive back roads with Led Zepplin and Styx basting out of the radio at ludicrous volume levels. We wouldn't be going anywhere just taking turns driving and listening to great music.

Great PIF. I've never tried MWF, so I am definitely in. My favorite music memory is my 10 year old son playing electric guitar on the stage at BB King's Blues Club. He took lessons at School of Rock and, at the end of the session, had his concert there. He totally rocked and I was so proud of him!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405389432.961621.jpg

My Granddad played with Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys long before I was born.

When I was a kid, I got tickets to hear them on their farewell tour.

It was very special to hear those grand old men my granddad used to play with.

Thanks for the chance.

Count me in! All my life I grew up as an only child. I was 16, been playing guitar for a few years and kicking *** with it. I loved, and still love playing 70s and 80s hard rock/ metal. I just wish I had someone to jam with, like an older brother... Anyways, one night my mother and father sat me down. I thought I was in trouble for something. He basically said, well son, I gotta be honest with you... turns out you have a half brother. He's 20 years older than you, has a beautiful wife, and two beautiful young boys. You're an uncle and I'm a grandfather. My best friend and I screwed around back in the 70's... and one thing led to another... you can do the math. I was in complete shock... But man, I thought it was awesome!

A few weeks later my brother and I met for the first time on the beach. Both of us were filled with joy and we embraced one another. We started talking and it turns out that my brother is a musician too, just like my father and I. We both love the same bands and genres! We became best friends instantly. I always wanted an older brother and he always wanted a younger one. He knew about me for years, but wanted to wait until I was 16 before breaking the news. After hanging out a few times he heard me play guitar, and by the looks of it he was very impressed with how I played. So he said to me, in two weeks you're playing with my band! I was shocked he asked me! But he insisted, so I was pumped. The night we performed together we became bonded forever in brotherhood. That night was also my first real gig and the greatest night of my life. We rocked out in front of over 200 people. I earned the respect of his bandmates and became instant friends with them as well. My life changed in an instant and it was the greatest change I could have ever ask for. So if you have a sibling, hug them tight. and tell them that you love them. I wish I met my brother and our newly found family sooner, but it seems like everything happened just right. Best experience of my life. To this day we are all still very close. The only thing we argue about is who is a better band, Van Halen or Led Zeppelin! (My vote goes to Van Halen! Favorite band of all time! \m/)

View attachment 472612

Hate to disagree and although I love Van Halen, I still think Led Zep is better...to my ears of course. Jimmy Page is a God!

Top Bottom