What's new

~Pick ONE SOAP for the rest of your life~

For me, it would be a tossup between MdC and Haslinger Schafmilch. But then again there's Tabac, Cella, Valobra, MWF.......

I am just starting out and only about 6 weeks into this. I have only 5 soaps and only used 4 of them and keep going back to VDH Luxury melted down with the original Old Spice cologne mixed in. Just loving it. Loads easily, great lathers and nice shaves. Until I find something better this would be it.

Tried TOBS for the third time today and that makes 3 not so great shaves.

Williams ranks right in there with, or maybe just above, TOBS.

Cremo cream was the worst feeling ever and trying to muster up a second try on that.

The fifth soap, Arko, I got as far as a practice face lather, no shave, and my face didn't like it. Working up the courage to try another face lather and actually shaving with it.

I have recently discovered Cella, and enjoy it immensely. My other go to soap is The Body Shop Maca Root. I never get a bad lather with it, and I like the face feel.

Interesting you should ask this question. I used Williams Soap for more than 35 years and never thought too much about just using this one soap. It worked fine for me and I never had any problem getting a nice lather. Then I found the shaving forums and I now have 25 + soaps and creams of all varieties. Now if I had to use only one soap I would feel cornered like a wild animal. Seriously...a tough choice. Probably MWF.

$81bv2uz-KgL._SL1500_.jpg

This is definitely going to change but as of now I'm really liking Strop Shoppe limited editions. The one with two butters, tallow and lanolin.

MdC Fougère. Scent is pleasant enough and the performance is something I could easily live with the rest of my life.

BTW, this is a great thread!

Top Bottom