What's new

~Pick ONE SOAP for the rest of your life~

Valobra Patchouli

proxy.php

Although I have yet to try Czech & Speak so that might pip Valobra to the top spot if the hype is to be believed.

I recoil at the idea of picking one soap! If I could pick one soap maker but not just one scent it would be Stirling.

I recoil at the idea of picking one soap! If I could pick one soap maker but not just one scent it would be Stirling.
+1 ... I couldn't even be satisfied with just one soap maker.

For me, the great allure of wet-shaving is having choices, options and variety ... Each of my SotD items is selected based on the season, the condition of my beard, and what I'm planning to do later in the day.

As with most everything in life, there is no such thing as a "One Size Fits All" solution.

It has to be MdC for me. I recently bought a new jar after being without it for about a year and a half. It was only when I was face lathering and that lovely lavender/herb scent filled the bathroom that I realised that I'd actually missed it. I can't keep myself to one exclusively but I never want to be without it.
It's also the only soap that I can use regardless of the season.
Seeing all these mentions of C&S Oxford and Cambridge aren't helping my SAD though. I've been curious about the cologne for a while. Not good as I work literally around the corner from Jermyn Street...
Truefitt, Trumpers, C & S, TOBS and Santa Maria Novella shops all within walking distance from my workplace do not a wealthy Tod make.

I would say B&M Unscented-Best all around performer for me at a reasonable price. Scents have never been a huge factor for me and usually give me some amount of irritation. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Haslinger though, so if it works as well as B&M and is cheaper when bought in bulk, it would probably beat B&M out. Who knows though, my answer may very well be different in 6 months.

At first I was going to pick a soap that is my favourite scent, but after thinking about it more I realized that if I needed to use it everyday then I would get sick of a heavy scent so best to go with something mild.

DR Harris Windsor in the classy wood bowl

This, also, hello fellow E-towner

As several others have already mentioned, I would probably choose Haslinger Schafmilch. I could also certainly get by with Tabac or Cella. All three are consistently great performers for me.

Top Bottom