What's new

~Pick ONE SOAP for the rest of your life~

Declaration Grooming, Fourth & Pine. Trismegistus a close second!
Both sold out on the DG website along with the soap I am using today, TSM Fougere and my favorite DG soap,
Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli. I have been curious about 4th & Pine but never pulled the trigger--too many DG soaps in the den.

For me it is now a tie between Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli and Wholly Kaw Lav Sublime.

Interesting Southsider - for me it was a 3 way tie between DG 4th & Pine (& Trismegistus), Mike's Lime, and Wholly Kaw Lav Sublime, and DG came out on top with Mike's second and WK third. DG is my favorite, and I'm looking forward to trying the Icarus formula.

It would have to be Haslinger for me. That stuff is just amazing. One day I tried to drown the soap on purpose after I was done shaving just to test it. And I eventually had to stop adding water because my bowl was just overflowing with lather. And the lather was still thick and slick! Amazing soap!

I would say vintage Williams Mug Soap, but since I can't count on a lifetime supply of vintage Williams, I'll go along with @Dave Deluxe and say Arko. It's inexpensive and simply amazing for shave quality.

Wilkinson Sword shave stick (not the bowl - it's a different formulation).

It is, by far, the best shave stick I've ever used. It's light on the scent, moisturizing, and quite inexpensive.

I recently ordered a year's supply from Connaught Shaving, and won't be using anything else for a long time.

Last edited:
Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Vide Poche. Unseated my other favorites after the first week of shaved. Too bad it is a limited edition and not a permanent addition to the DG roster.

If I were forced to use only one it would have to be the undisputed King of Kings.
2A9FF560-5F44-44F2-BF33-D881000DB13E.jpeg
EE6600A7-5850-4041-BBD6-60BCBA535107.jpeg
34415CD3-CB88-49B5-9D60-F4ACFCCE1564.jpeg

The scent alone makes it number one.

Top Bottom