What's new

Pearl Flexi V6

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I just sold my Variant! I didn't like it. The head was too big for my liking. It made trimming edges very difficult. And the whole razor felt unbalanced. If it wasn't for those two things, it would have been great. It's very well built. Bul like always YMMV!
I have a Merkur Futur on the way. We'll see how that one stands up against the Flexi!
Unfortunately my Rabbit hole seems to consist of razors. I've been at this for like 4 months and have tried a few soaps, blades, brushes etc.., but it seems like I can't get way from trying new razors, LOL!!

I can't wait to read your review on the Merkur Futur! When I was picking out an adjustable razor, I was drawn to the Merkur Futur at first, I like the handle, the whole futuristic look of it, and I still do! But, I really wanted high quality, so I went with the Rex Ambassador. But, you never know, someday in the future, a Merkur Futur might find its way to my shave den, like bringing in a lost puppy, will see. But for now, I enjoy my Rex. But ya, give us a review, and some pictures, and I will heart the crud out of it hehe.

The coupon code was posted for maggards. Nothing specific to the razor. Sorry if I was unclear. I was responding to the question about where I found the code.
Oh, OK, ha ha -- no worries.

The Maggard coupon code actually appears at the top of the page on their site, but you still have to enter it. I almost made a purchase but it said "10APRIL discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart". I added other items and it applied the discount to each. No info on their site about exclusions, but the items that did and didn't work with the code were all razors. It worked for the Pearl, though.

A review on Maggard from just 4 months ago says:

"Slants to one side

Hopefully they fix the problem. The adjustable base slants on one side when raising the numbers."

A review from just 8 months ago says: "Only issue I see is the adjustment stops before 6."

I think the best bet it to wait for the new batch. I thinks it's telling that they have over 70 left in stock at Maggard's but other sites with later versions are sold out.

Slim, Fatboy, and 6C (if you consider that one an adjustable). I am not thrilled with the Merkur adjustables, but this Perl Flexi, I don't know, might make it's way to my den.

[EDIT] I do LOVE the other Merkurs and the slant bar in particular.
Well, I call the Rockwell 6s/6s an adjustable so as not to make waves...
I would prefer to call it "configurable."
I just sold my Variant! I didn't like it. The head was too big for my liking. It made trimming edges very difficult. And the whole razor felt unbalanced. If it wasn't for those two things, it would have been great. It's very well built. Bul like always YMMV!
I have a Merkur Futur on the way. We'll see how that one stands up against the Flexi!
Unfortunately my Rabbit hole seems to consist of razors. I've been at this for like 4 months and have tried a few soaps, blades, brushes etc.., but it seems like I can't get way from trying new razors, LOL!!
Yes, I've heard the Variant head is bigger than the Progress, but has a better grip on the handle.
The head on the Pearl looks kinda big, too, though.
I can't wait to read your review on the Merkur Futur! When I was picking out an adjustable razor, I was drawn to the Merkur Futur at first, I like the handle, the whole futuristic look of it, and I still do! But, I really wanted high quality, so I went with the Rex Ambassador. But, you never know, someday in the future, a Merkur Futur might find its way to my shave den, like bringing in a lost puppy, will see. But for now, I enjoy my Rex. But ya, give us a review, and some pictures, and I will heart the crud out of it hehe.
In other words, you might be going BACK TO THE FUTUR:c1:.

And you never know, I'll probably get the Rex at some point in time. And the Feather too, LOL!!

Last edited:
Well, I call the Rockwell 6s/6s an adjustable so as not to make waves...
I would prefer to call it "configurable."

Yes, I've heard the Variant head is bigger than the Progress, but has a better grip on the handle.
The head on the Pearl looks kinda big, too, though.

The Flexi head is definitely smaller than the Variant's. We'll see how the Futur is. If I don't like it, I'll sell it. I got it cheap anyways from a store in the UK.

My Merkur Futur arrived today (along with a Merkur 33C). I wasn't expecting either till next week. I'll post about the Futur as soon as I use it.

F1.jpg
F2.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I know right? Funny how that works don't it? I guess, one could say, I was destined to own a Merkur Futur, I just didn't know it yet. ;)

My Merkur Futur arrived today (along with a Merkur 33C). I wasn't expecting either till next week. I'll post about the Futur as soon as I use it.

View attachment 1446659View attachment 1446658

Yes, the Merkur Futur dominator! Its so huge, it makes the little one cry! Its sure lovely to see, I can't wait to hear your report on the Futur! :)

I know right? Funny how that works don't it? I guess, one could say, I was destined to own a Merkur Futur, I just didn't know it yet. ;)

Yes, the Merkur Futur dominator! Its so huge, it makes the little one cry! Its sure lovely to see, I can't wait to hear your report on the Futur! :)
I take it you didn't "get" my my BACK TO THE FUTURE reference. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I take it you didn't "get" my my BACK TO THE FUTURE reference. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Great scott, its Doc Brown! Once we get this baby to 88-MPH, your going to see some serious BEEP! And how much power does one need to power the flux capacitor? 1.21 jigawatss! And Marty, when you do go back in time to 1955, do me a favor, don't kiss your mother! Such a great movie, what a classic! The other movies were not as good, but were still fun, still prefer the original though.

I actually did get the reference, but I think I was still in the moment. You know, when you really want a razor and you order it, your heart is pumping. Too bad our hearts couldn't power a flux capacitor, then I'd go back in time and fix all the stupid mistakes I made.

I have the Flexi from Maggards and have zero issues. Every mass production razor is bound to have a lemon pop out every now and then.
Yea, but now I missed the 10% off deal at Maggards. So I will wait again.

The problem is even if a razor achieves Six Sigma regarding defects, the one lemon will be talked about here.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Yea, but now I missed the 10% off deal at Maggards. So I will wait again.

The problem is even if a razor achieves Six Sigma regarding defects, the one lemon will be talked about here.

If I ever get a lemon of a razor, I will go to the store to buy an actual lemon, and stick it next to it, and take a picture for posterity. Then I will title the post, "Razor Got Owned By Citrus Lemon"

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I setup an email alert about a week ago with Fendrihan to let me know when they have the new batch of Pearl Flexis in stock. Nothing yet.
Call Murphy & McNeil and ask when they will get them back in. If the time is reasonable for you, you can then immediately pre-order it on their website and that will put you in front of the line. The good thing with them is that you'll get one from the latest batch. Try using this discount code if you end up buying it there. Hopefully it works!
"WELCOMEBACK"
You'll get 10% off with the code and you'll end up paying $71.10 for the latest Flexi.
I don't know if it's the same for every state but I didn't have to pay tax (Florida) and shipping was free.

Here's the link again:

Call Murphy & McNeil and ask when they will get them back in. If the time is reasonable for you, you can then immediately pre-order it on their website and that will put you in front of the line. The good thing with them is that you'll get one from the latest batch. Try using this discount code if you end up buying it there. Hopefully it works!
"WELCOMEBACK"
You'll get 10% off with the code and you'll end up paying $71.10 for the latest Flexi.
I don't know if it's the same for every state but I didn't have to pay tax (Florida) and shipping was free.

Here's the link again:

Thanks! The coupon worked, but it only gave 5% off. It says they will have them by the end of the month, though. So I will wait a bit.

BTW, some time travelers left reviews for the Pearl Flexi on that site! The latest reviews are from 2023 and 2024.

Thanks! The coupon worked, but it only gave 5% off. It says they will have them by the end of the month, though. So I will wait a bit.

BTW, some time travelers left reviews for the Pearl Flexi on that site! The latest reviews are from 2023 and 2024.
Wow! The coupon gave me 10% when I bought it last month. I guess they cut it down. Luckily it was in stock when I purchased it. I think I got one of the last ones because after a couple days after buying it, they showed out of stock.
Either way, good luck!
When you finally get it, you'll enjoy it. It's a razor that's definitely worth it's low cost.
Part of my top 3 favorites in my rotation.
LRod

Just ordered my Parker adjustable, even did not get it (it is on its way to Brazil).

Now I think I NEED a Pearl Flexi.

I have the Pearl and owned the Futur. Futur cut close but changing razors was problematic when the razor was wet, and it was so bulky that I couldn't shave under my nose. Sold the Futur even though the shave was a close one. The Pearl is my travel razor when I can only take one razor but need multiple settings.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I have the Pearl and owned the Futur. Futur cut close but changing razors was problematic when the razor was wet, and it was so bulky that I couldn't shave under my nose. Sold the Futur even though the shave was a close one. The Pearl is my travel razor when I can only take one razor but need multiple settings.

To shave under the nose with the Futur, you should have the blade aggression set to level 3, make a funny face, and use your fingers to move your nose out of the way, and you will get the hairs. I was able to do it on my very first shave with the Futur, its tricky, but it can be done. And I agree, the Futur does provide a very close shave, I was impressed by this. I got to do another shave with it today, so it will be my 2nd shave with the Futur using a Bic blade when I do.

Top Bottom